View Full Version : OBPlacer won't compile BGL
Hi Arno and sorry to trouble you with this one but it's got me beat.
I placed many api objects with OBPlacer (4/11/2004) using Scasm (5/01/2005) and suddenly it fails to make a bgl of an api macro I had only recently used without problem.
I have tried a few times and it makes a temp file but no bgl.
temp file -
Macro( "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\A1 Workshop\OBplacer\api\OLDBLD1.API" 51.4443981666154 -2.27763383333283 22 1.0 271.375243095213 0 0 0 0 2500 0 2 v2= 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 )
I use WinXP Pro sp2 with the latest MS updates.
Any suggestions please.
Forgot to include the .sca file it makes -
Header( 1 50.9443982946909 51.9443982946909 -2.77764219820078 -1.77764219820078 )
LatRange( 50.9443982946909 51.9443982946909 )
Macro( "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\A1 Workshop\OBplacer\api\OLDBLD1.API" 51.4443982946909 -2.27764219820078 22 1.0 271.398691982128 0 0 0 0 2500 0 2 v2= 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 )
I did manage to place the object by manually dropping the .sca over the scasm.exe.
Something I have not noticed before - if you right click on OBPlacer.exe and then click on 'Run As', in the drop down menu, the wording in the Run As screen suggests that if the box is ticked it might cause the program to function improperly. I try to untick the box but it still remains checked. This security box applies to any .exe I looked at.
I don't think the run as options will have much effects. These are to let older tools work with WinXP, but ObPlacer should work fine with WinXP by default.
You do not get any error when you try to compile from the tool? And are you sure SCASM is in the ObPlacer folder?
Thanks for your reply Arno.
I used ObPlacer to place hundreds of objects in the past and then started using XML for scenery work and only needed to place a couple of api's yesterday.
The first api object worked perfectly and produced the temp.sca and the object.sca along with the bgl file. Since the first object I tried five or six different api's and even the original api that did work and don't get a bgl compiled with the temp.sca and object.sca
It points to something wrong with my system but just what I have no idea. The first api object worked but nothing since. I updated my earlier scasm.exe (in the same folder as ObP) with the later version but the earlier version did compile the first object fine. I also replaced the ObP.exe but it won't compile a bgl anymore. It's no hardship dropping the object.sca over scasm.exe - I was just a bit 'miffed' why it won't do it now.
This 'Run As' menu is, I'm sure, new since the recent security update by MS. The original 'Run this program in' menu is now found under properties, compatibility. I'm sure this problem is something to do with my recent MS update in the last few days but not sure which one. This is the menu -
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Humm, that screen is also new to me. But I think ObPlacer should run fine as any user (no admin or so is required). I guess for now the easiest solution is to just drop the SCA file on SCASM manually.
Thanks Arno - I'm happy doing that.
It's the second MS update to 'jigger' up something on my system. The first, over the weekend, was the new drivers for my Saitek X52 - they completely messed up the X52 profiler and many users have the same problem on the Saitek forum.
vBulletin® v3.8.3, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.