• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE compiling Error

Country
us-connecticut
Hello,
I am getting this error when trying to compile an airport in ADE.

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using FSX BglComp....

Parsing document: C:\Users\Matthew\Desktop\KOXC_ADEX_MM.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2451: Display character expected at offset (1) in Taxiway Sign label: ll[C]m18
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2448: Invalid format for Taxiway Sign label: ll[C]m18
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2031: Failed element parse <TaxiwaySign>
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: <Airport
ERROR: country = United States
ERROR: state = Connecticut
ERROR: city = Oxford
ERROR: name = Waterbury-Oxford
ERROR: lat = 41.4785556122661
ERROR: lon = -73.1352500617504
ERROR: alt = 725.994F
ERROR: magvar = 14
ERROR: trafficScalar = 0.7
ERROR: airportTestRadius = 16404.2F
ERROR: ident = KOXC
ERROR: <TaxiwaySign
ERROR: lat = 41.485123285995
ERROR: lon = -73.1369957263282
ERROR: heading = 350
ERROR: label = ll[C]m18
ERROR: size = SIZE3
ERROR: justification = RIGHT
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

Here is the file: http://rapidshare.com/files/420451107/KOXC_ADEX_MM.ad2

Please Help!

-thank you

Country
newzealand
Matthew,
the answer is in your Error :)

the error is the the taxisign,
you have two characters the same (l) at the beginning,
you need to delete one of them

GHD

Country
england
In ADE, select "List/Taxi signs" then scroll down to:

||[C]m18

Click on "Edit" and delete the first "|"

Country
us-connecticut
thanks! also one more thing. The airport I am making this AFCAD for has parking T's in some parking areas. So right click and click Add/Library Object/Category/Stock/ And click ga parking T white new. When I add it, I compile the airport into a bgl, put it in fsx, and go to the place it is suppost to be in, but it is not there? How can I make it appear in FSX?

-thank you

Country
unitedstates
I don't have the same library objects you do. However, in ADE if the parking space lines up perfectly with the parking link, the T will not show. If you select the parking spot, grab the handle and rotate it just a smidge, the T should appear in FS.

Bob

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If they are visible on the ADE screen, delete them. If not, create a taxi sign exclude file(s) for them.

Hope this helps,

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If they are visible on the ADE screen, delete them. If not, create a taxi sign exclude file(s) for them.

Hope this helps,

It might first be worth checking that there is not a duplicate airport somewhere on your system.

Country
us-connecticut

Hope this helps,

They are not visible on my ADE screen. I created the Exclude bos and checked taxiway signs, and tested it in fsx, but they were still there.

It might first be worth checking that there is not a duplicate airport somewhere on your system.

Just checked, I do not see any duplicates.

-thank you

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
They are not visible on my ADE screen. I created the Exclude bos and checked taxiway signs, and tested it in fsx, but they were still there.

-thank you

Did you run a scanner to look for duplicates?

Country
newzealand

-thank you

just to add,
do you have!! or have had (now deleted) any scenery addon at all for this area,

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No - the fault finder will not find duplicates. What we are talking about is duplicate airport files. For FSX - FSX Airport Scanner can be used to see if there are any duplicate airports contained in other bgl files.

Country
us-connecticut
Thanks! I just searched for duplicates using the FSX Airport Scanner and it said what is in the pictures. KLCI and 4B9 are others I did in the past, but those should not be a factor... right?:confused:

-thank you

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 396
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 420

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Go to the Scenery Library and deactivate the layer containing your airport. Do they appear now?

If not, then there is another file in that folder that contains them.

If they still appear, start deactivating about half of your addon scenery layers at a time. Narrow it down until you find the problem layer. That layer's BGL files contain the problem.

It they still appear when you have deactivated all your addon scenery, then they are part of the default airport and should be able to be removed by an exclude.

Hope this helps,

Country
us-connecticut
Hi,

Go to the Scenery Library and deactivate the layer containing your airport. Do they appear now?

If not, then there is another file in that folder that contains them.

If they still appear, start deactivating about half of your addon scenery layers at a time. Narrow it down until you find the problem layer. That layer's BGL files contain the problem.

It they still appear when you have deactivated all your addon scenery, then they are part of the default airport and should be able to be removed by an exclude.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the reply!

When I deactivated the layer with the scenery, the extra taxiway signs did dissapear, But the ones that dissapeared were the new ones I put in for new taxiways. I excluded the old ones, but they still pop up.

-thank you