• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

beacon problem in fsx

Country
southkorea
i am trying to add default rotating beacon in my scenery
after using attach point tool in the max 7 with empty option and edited xml file, it looks working good in game
but i have one problem
as you see my picture of bottom, problem is that another rotating beacon happens at night(white mark in the picture) it doesnt appear at day
i added only one beacon but i see two at night
does any one have same problem like this in FSX or is it a my fault?

Attachments

• beacon problem.jpg
    beacon problem.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,008
Last edited:
Country
brazil
Another airport

Hi

Slew your airplane to the point where you are seeing the "second beacon" (at night, off course).

Take a look at FSX map and see if there is another airport in that point. Perhaps there is.

Regards,

José

Country
southkorea
hi
thanks for your reply
i checked fsx map and there is no another airport
i see only one helipad of 92m what i added

Country
brazil
No magic

Hi,

There is no magic in 3d objects. Somebody put it there.

I would suggest you to remove every bgl file you´ve created and load fsx again. If the beacon remains it should be a default one. If not, reload one by one your bgls testing if the beacon shows up. Identify the bgl that loads beacon, if there is one.

That´s easy although tedious.

Regards,

José

Last edited:
Country
southkorea
Hi
this is not a duplicated bgl problem.
a default beacon consists of 3 parts, rotating body, lights on lens and beam.
body and lights are working fine together(left of picture), but lights on lens are problem(right of picture)
it is alwyas seperated from body and placed somewhere where i didnt expect to locate it

1. i created one box on top of light house
2. go to attach point tool
3. select empty, make a name "beacon" in the attach name box,
click "attach to selected geometry" button then the box's name changes to attach_beacon_number
4. export from 3ds max 7

this is contents of xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<FSData version="9.0" xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">

<SceneryObject
lat="N37 14.51021"
lon="E131 52.02790"
alt="0.2000M" pitch="0" bank="0" heading="0.00"
altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
imageComplexity="NORMAL">

<LibraryObject name="{c1c11428-516a-4bf2-aa07-449b8fc24c38}" scale="1.0"/>

<AttachedObject
attachpointName="attachpt_beacon"
pitch="0" bank="0" heading="0" >
<Beacon type="CIVILIAN" baseType="AIRPORT"/>
</AttachedObject>
</SceneryObject>

<ModelData sourceFile="dokdo.MDL" />
</FSData>

I remember that it is very easy to a make beacon on roof of house
i want to make a beacon very easily like gmax tutorial for fs2004
is it a not possible to make it like gmax tutorial?
i dont know what i am wrong, please let me know it would be greatly
appreciated
thanks

Attachments

• beacon problem2.jpg
    beacon problem2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 832
Country
brazil
Default beacon

Hi,

You can put in yor fs9 scenery a default beacon using the following code:
Code:
<SceneryObject
  lat="N37 14.51021" 
  lon="E131 52.02790" 
  alt="0.0000M"
  altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
  pitch="0.00"
  bank="0.00"
  heading="0.00"
  imageComplexity="VERY_SPARSE">
  <LibraryObject
    name="7f38bfbc4a40e2953c3f5c8482fa2c87"
    scale="1.00"/>
  <AttachedObject
    attachpointName="attachpt_beacon"
    pitch="0.00"
    bank="0.00"
    heading="0.00">
    <Beacon type="CIVILIAN" baseType="AIRPORT"/>
  </AttachedObject>
</SceneryObject>

Nothing more than that. I changed to your coordinates. Watch the altitude is AGL = 0.0 meters

Please, remove the yours and try that.

In youc code it seems your are using a default object and also a MDL, so you are putting two beacons at the same point.

Regards,

José

Country
southkorea
Hi
i am making a fsx default beacon
if i put a fs2004 default beacon into fsx, beacon will not work.
my problme is that a beacon attached on top of house is shown and rotating with beam, of course it is placed where i want to locate it but only lights on lens of beacon goes to coordinates where house is set to locate into map.

for example, if house's coordinates are N37 E 132(86m altitude) and beacon is N37.1 E132.1(altitude 90m)
as you see above xml code, in the xml only house's coordinates is written in and command about beacon is only used with attached object command
so beacon's body and beam go to place where it is attached on top of house in the max, but lights on lens are goes to N37 E 132(altitude 0m), not to N37.1 E 132.1(altitude 90m)

another way is that if i make a new xml for a beacon(included beacon coordinates) and compile beacon.bgl file then it works with no problme but need to spend time to check coordinates where a beacon would be placed in the scenery and i will have two bgl fileswitha house and a beacon
i dont want to have 2 files, want to have only one house.bgl file which include a beacon attached on house

if you read a attach tool.doc tutorial in the gmax fs2004 gamepack folder, you will see what i want to do
in the xml file,coordinates are for a house. only added attached object, so after compiling you have a only one bgl file,
i think this kind of ways must work also in the fsx but in my case it doesnt
this is not working in the fsx?

thanks

Last edited:
Country
brazil
Beacon

Hi,

The beacon code I sent is attached to a tower, as they are in most airports.

I'm not understanding if you want to add that beacon in FS9 or in FSX. Pleas, tell me. In both, is possible to add a rotate beacon (only the lens, that is a part of the beacon, separated from its tower).

There some tools to easy adding 3d objects to scenery, both to fsx and fs9.

I suggest you to download SBuilderX (if you are using FSX) and locate the exact point (coordinates and altitude) where you want to add the rotate beacon.

The xml code for that object you can put in the same file you will use to add the house which will have the beacon on top.

I hope you can understand that.

Regards,

José

Country
southkorea
thank you jose

hi
thanks for your help
it seems that using attach tool for fsx is different with fs2004
so i made a beacon alone and added it into game
now it works fine
thanks again for your reply

Country
unitedkingdom
FSX - Rotating beacon light

I would be grateful if you would provide information on how to make a rotating tower beacon light for FSX. I have tried to follow the above information without success.

Thanks

kthy2003

Country
italy
I would be grateful if you would provide information on how to make a rotating tower beacon light for FSX. I have tried to follow the above information without success.

Thanks

kthy2003
Me too..tks to everyone that can help with an ml file to make a rotating beacon on FSX