• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI Sort

I also use aisort to make ai traffic, and sometimes that program can't find some parking spots...but that is another story.

Bobbyjack

see post below

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Jim

Thanx for the info. Didn't mean to start an aisort question,but...I'd created an airport with FSXplanner. I made some gates for a 737 which worked at first. After adding some GA parking,GA flight plans worked great but the 737 gates did not. Ramps and gates show up in FSX, but after compiling flightplans, aisort says it can't find parking for the 737. Probably something simple I missed. I did lots of airports and flightplans in FS9. FSX sure is a different beast.

Thanks again

bobbyjack

bobbyjack

Adding Airport parking for AI Planes is one of the fundamentals that ADE is designed for. I see no reason why we cannot discuss it here.

Jon may break this thread into 2 different ones (altitude and AI Parking) so Topics stay on track.

Reggie is the leading FS9/FSX expert on all plane parking and will probably post here when he reads your behavior parking concerns.

Reggie did have post on parking rules based on 4 years of continuous study but some of those were accidently deleted under new management at PAI. We are working on new Tutorials for all the rules that FSX plays by and will be added to the ADE web site eventually.

The ADE team (as seen in the ADE Documentation) is made up of the most knowledgeable people in the Aircraft/Airport, Visual/non-Visual behavior of FS9/FSX. We are here to expand the Users knowledge base also.

Country
australia
Aisort

Aisort just presents created flight plans to Traffic Trafficdatabasebuilder (traffic tool box), The file "TBldr.txt" is created by TDBB .
The error can't find parking for ** at ** has multiple meanings.
Here are some I have found While developing Aisort.
Gate,parking size,
Gates have a 10 mtr range,gaparking has a 5 mtr range,Flightsim might park a 737 in a 36 Mtr(heavy) parking spot BUT TrafficDatabasebuilder will not accept any gate larger than Medium gate (23 mtrs) for the 737.
If the runwaylength is shorter than the min runwaylength for an aircraft, can't find parking will be gennerated.
In some cases I have only one air craft useing an airport but TDBB requires three parking spots of the required size at that airport,(workaround = have one space at the airport then lie to TDBB ie manualy add more more parking spaces in the "AirportList.txt" under the ICAO of the airport then compile ,TBBD will accept it.
I have been procrastinating over have Aisort read the TBBD log file then creating a file with possible solutions to the errors created but at the moment it's bigger than me.

Hope I have cleared the air a bit.

Regards Frank
:duck:

Thanks for chiming in on this Frank

I got confused on AISort vs AI Seperation in my post above so I did a edit.

AiSort vers 1.3.0.1 by Frank Salter is a program that takes Lee Swordys TrafficTools flight plans text files and sorts then converts then into text files that can be compiled by FSX SDK TrafficDatabasebuilder program and will Shell to TDBB to produce an AI flight plan BGL file for FSX. AiSort can also create new AIFlightplans from scratch and can search and edit the plans created.

AI Sort is a good program to create TDBB FP's but I think it only fair to warn Users that it plays by the rules of FS9/FSX and takes Lee Swordy's TTools that developed major airline flightplans and destroys them.

If a large AI Airline like Southwest or Delta has FP's made with TTools and AIsort converts these to TDBB FP's then most of the original FP's are deleted and a Airport like Houston or Atlanta loose many many arrivals and departures. That is not just based on parking available on parking size restrictions, turn around time restrictions but also the exposed throttle valve that FSX now has that was not exposed in FS9.

There are 2 schools of thought.

Build FP's using all the rules that TDBB applies which does not allow for realistic Airline Flightplans

or

build Flightplans with TTools and then convert those with a Utility such as AIFPC to fit into the FSX flightplan scheme.

I personally prefer the second rule and then use Reggie's FSX GA Traffic bgl flightplans so the FSX GA planes and default FP's are used in FSX rather then porting over FS9/FP's and GA Planes.

Everybody has their own preference but the pro's and con's must also be weighted.

What would be a nice feature is if AISort could weed out all the rules applied in a TDBB FP and allow the FP Developer to choose the option of rules. Maybe AISort is doing this now and I missed it because I have not used in sometime now. Please correct me if I have said something here that is no longer true and it is a pleasure to see you over here on this forum.

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
hen lie to TDBB ie manualy add more more parking spaces in the "AirportList.txt" under the ICAO of the airport then compile
:duck:
Hi Frank,

Some time back I used Aisort to sort out my flightplans but when compiling came up against the brick wall of parking spaces. I started adding parking spaces to the AirportsList.txt and the file grew and grew. By accident I unrecoverably deleted it and mentally groaned at my stupidity. Then I discovered AIFPC and this has completely solved the problem. Using it to compile flightplans in the Ttools format is as easy as pressing the compile button.
I have compared the filesize generated with the original by WOAI or PAI and they are identical so it appears to lose nothing in the compiling process. I wondered why Aisort didn't do this as I had become accustomed to using it(my thanks for your program). Perhaps this could be a guide to how best to develop your own version.

Colin

GHD

Country
england
I use FS9 format traffic files especially when developing AFD files since one can fill every parking spot.

If I receive any FSX format traffic files, I convert them to FS9 format using AIFPC.

George

Country
australia
Hi Frank,

Some time back I used Aisort to sort out my flightplans but when compiling came up against the brick wall of parking spaces. I started adding parking spaces to the AirportsList.txt and the file grew and grew. By accident I unrecoverably deleted it and mentally groaned at my stupidity. Then I discovered AIFPC and this has completely solved the problem. Using it to compile flightplans in the Ttools format is as easy as pressing the compile button.
I have compared the filesize generated with the original by WOAI or PAI and they are identical so it appears to lose nothing in the compiling process. I wondered why Aisort didn't do this as I had become accustomed to using it(my thanks for your program). Perhaps this could be a guide to how best to develop your own version.

Colin

Gday Colin
I developed Aisort to work with TBBD to follow the rules FsX wants us to follow and my programing ability is nowhere good enough to build a compiler,
as TBBD produces a log file I restricted error checking in the sort routine to things that Aisort can fix without user intervention.
In very large files Ie Flight1 Traffic I split the TTools source file into 295Kb lots then run them through Aisort and combined with ScruffyDucks ADE I got all aircraft flying ,Done the same with World ga,.
I found that All the errors that TBBD throws up MUST be attended to if a plan is to work.
Its a lot of work but when done all aircft fly.
Regards Frank:whiteflag

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your update. I'll revisit Aisort in the near future to see how it now works.

Colin

Country
unitedstates
everyone

Thanks for your input on AISort. I used it because it seemed to be the most like ttools, which I was able to understand. I have AIFPC and don't seem to be bright enough to get to work. Maybe I'm making it too difficult. I'm one of those lucky Vista users. It's hard to get anything to work. Took two weeks, or so, to get simconnect up and running. I was aware of the parking radius and runway length rules, but had not heard the extra space idea. I'll keep at it.

Bob

Bob

You are amoung a bunch of beta guys here that use Vista 32 and Vista 64 on SP1a, SP2, DX9 and DX10 modes.

Of course we also have other team members using XP2 with different FSX version so we should have all those bases covered.

We also have tons of AI running with many various FP programs from payware to freeware.

Country
unitedstates
Frank

Adding more of the same size parking did the trick. Now the 737 is happy. Now on to fuel trucks and airport vehicles. Those ought to be good for a few more gray hairs. Oh yes, and getting voicepak to call my airport by name and...

Bob