• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

[Groundmaker] Adding a photoreal background

Country
germany
Hey guys

Im new to scenery designing. Im using Groundmaker.

Basicly I want to put a satellite image as a background that will also be displayed in fs. ( not the ' load background ' function ).

I insert my background with the 'Textured Polygon ' option and select my backrgound ( file size is 1024x1024 ).

Unfortunately, I dont get it right. Its displayed mutliplayed times in fs:

groundproblem.jpg

Can someone help me fix this?

All the best,
Pierre

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Pierre,

Wow, still somebody using GroundMaker :D.

It is some time ago I used GroundMaker, but if I remember correctly there are two types of poylgons. The normal Poly and the TexPoly. With the last one you can determine the mapping of your texture on the polygon, with the normal polygon that is not possible and then you can get the result as shown in your image.

Could that be your problem?

Country
germany
Hi Pierre,

Wow, still somebody using GroundMaker :D.

It is some time ago I used GroundMaker, but if I remember correctly there are two types of poylgons. The normal Poly and the TexPoly. With the last one you can determine the mapping of your texture on the polygon, with the normal polygon that is not possible and then you can get the result as shown in your image.

Could that be your problem?

Thank you Arno, will try that!