• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Exclusion Builder for FSX

Paavo

Resource contributor
Country
estonia
This is a new version of Exclusion Builder. The first version in 2003 became surprisingly popular so I decided to rewrite it to support FSX. There should not be a bug left and if you find something strange, please report it. This is not an official release so there's no documentation coming with it at the moment.

Here's a screenshot:

excb3jb4.png

And here's the download link:
http://lennundus.orgkaos.org/failid/workinprogress/EB-FSX.zip

HolgerSandmann

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Hi Paavo,

indeed, your FS9 version of Exclusion Builder got lots of use here ;-)

Thank you very much for updating it to FSX - highly appreciated!

Cheers, Holger

Country
panama
Hi Paavo

Thanks for the FSX version....I use the FS9 version constantly with excellent results..........Good Show!!!!!;)

Country
unitedstates
I used the FS9 version for FSX and it worked fine. I just the upgrade for FSX..
Thanks for the tools.
Joe w.

Country
ca-ontario
I cannot get it to work. I type in a name and it quits. I have no help file and no tutorials. In other works...I'm flying blind. Please help. Frank!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Is there any error message or does the program just close without any warning?

Country
ca-ontario
I figured out how to get it started and I'm at a loss as to how to enter the coordinances. It tells me the North should be higher than the south and east should be higher than the west. I am useing N43.10.783566 W79.57.482208 coorinance as an example. Frank!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I figured out how to get it started and I'm at a loss as to how to enter the coordinances. It tells me the North should be higher than the south and east should be higher than the west. I am useing N43.10.783566 W79.57.482208 coorinance as an example. Frank!

What this means is that when making an exclusion rectangle you should be facing due North. There are two points - Top Left and Bottom Right. Left in this sense means West Top means North. By convention in decimal form North latitudes are positve and south are negative; East longitudes and positive and West Negative.

Country
ca-ontario
Here is the coordenance for tne NW corner.
N43.11.065775 W079.57.671532.0

Here is the coordenance for th SE corner:
N43.09.413664 W078.54.617834.0

Exclution Builder has for boxes: N-E-S-W Where would these coordenances go?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
N N43.11.065775
W W079.57.671532.0
S N43.09.413664
E W078.54.617834.0

Country
ca-ontario
Exactly how I inserted the coordinances.

Invaled coordinates for exclusion area:
-north latitude must be larger than south latitude
-east longitude must be larger than west longitude.

I thing maybe I've got my set-up wrong. Frank!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Some people do seem to find it difficult to use - are you getting an error message or just no bgl file?

Country
ca-ontario
Is there anything else I should have running besides Exclusion Builder? Maybe FSX, ADE, or Google?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No that should be enough. Sorry I am not being that much help now. I will try and get a moment to do it myself and see what happens here

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I think the tool does not like that you enter the number with two dots. Try it in complete decimal form or else in the common HH:MM:DD.dddd notation.

Country
ca-ontario
Yes I've tried it with just one dot and without the 0. I'm just setting up FSX KDL and see if I can use it. Frank!

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi everyone,

I am trying to exclude autogen in a certain area (don't want autogen over my MegaScenery X), so I searched and found this tool. So far it seems great, but I can't seem to figure what excludes the autogen. I've tried 'Generic buildings' and 'Library objects' but neither of them removed the autogen. When I setting the app to exclude 'All objects', it removed the autogen. The other options don't really make sense to exlude autogen...

Can someone tell me what exclusion type I should use to exclude autogen?

Thanks

-Orion

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi everyone,

I am trying to exclude autogen in a certain area (don't want autogen over my MegaScenery X), so I searched and found this tool. So far it seems great, but I can't seem to figure what excludes the autogen. I've tried 'Generic buildings' and 'Library objects' but neither of them removed the autogen. When I setting the app to exclude 'All objects', it removed the autogen. The other options don't really make sense to exlude autogen...

Can someone tell me what exclusion type I should use to exclude autogen?

Thanks

-Orion

That is because it cannot exclude autogen. For that you need to use a tool that will create terrain exclusions. FSX KML or SBuilderX can do that. Also if you are working with an airport and using ADE you can create these exclusions