• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I can read global.dll offset, but not write?

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi,

Thanks to some code scattered on the internet I am able to read directly the latitude/longitude/altitude of my aircraft.

But for the life of me I cannot write, (or set my position), back to the dll, (what I ultimately want to do).

For example, I can read my latitude at 0x20CE3560, but I cannot write it.
I can update the value of that offset, (and the value does change), but the aircraft does not move to the new location.

I think this is because I need to 'refresh' fs9 so it updates to the values I have set.

So, what could I be missing? How can I write the values directly to fs9?

Regards,

Sims.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Are you using FSUIPC or are you trying to write directly into the memory of FS? With FSUIPC it works fine if you read/write the address 0x560.

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi,

Are you using FSUIPC or are you trying to write directly into the memory of FS? With FSUIPC it works fine if you read/write the address 0x560.

Yes, of course, but I would like to do it without.

I am sure that FSUIPC is doing something after writing to the actual offset, (represented as 0x560 in FS98 I think), that causes FS9 to updates its values.

Sims

Country
france
More than 1 year after your post, I have the exact same question.
I would like to set the aircraft position without using FSUIPC. Just like you, I found the right offset that I can read but not write.
I'm sure FSUIPC does something else when writing to these offsets, because it works with FSUIPC.

If you found any clue to solve this problem, I would be glad to know.

Thanks,
Eric

Country
unitedkingdom
More than 1 year after your post, I have the exact same question.
I would like to set the aircraft position without using FSUIPC. Just like you, I found the right offset that I can read but not write.
I'm sure FSUIPC does something else when writing to these offsets, because it works with FSUIPC.

If you found any clue to solve this problem, I would be glad to know.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi,

No, I never really got a real clue from anyone here, I tried a few things but never got anywhere.

I even sent a PM on this board to the author of FSUIPC to ask him for a hint, but he never even replied to me :(.

If I ever find anything I'll add it here, please let me know if you come across anything.

Sims

Country
france
Sims,
If you're still interested in solving this problem, I may have interesting information for you that may help. I tried to use this information but didn't get any result, maybe you can do better than me... If you're interested, please provide me your email address or contact me here: marciano.eric@free.fr, because this is highly confidential.

Eric

PS. I will leave on Thursday for a 2-week vacation, don't be amazed if you don't get any reply from me.

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Sims,
If you're still interested in solving this problem, I may have interesting information for you that may help. I tried to use this information but didn't get any result, maybe you can do better than me... If you're interested, please provide me your email address or contact me here: marciano.eric@free.fr, because this is highly confidential.

Eric

PS. I will leave on Thursday for a 2-week vacation, don't be amazed if you don't get any reply from me.

Hi,

I am still interested, I sent you an email.
I'll see what I can do with the info.

If I manage anything interesting I'll send you the results.

Simon