• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Gulfstream V Project (payware) - cockpit and gauge developer (paid)

Country
us-california
You are aware that Gulfstream does not allow sim renditions of their aircraft, right?

Country
unitedkingdom
This project got shot down before it had the chance to get the chocks off...

Country
us-california
I have only pointed out something that has been common knowledge in the developer world for years.
Don't model Gulfstream. They WILL shut you down.

Country
luxembourg
Hello Sir,
yes we know and we got in touch with Gulfstream who states well on strict conditions on the possible realization of a feigning addon one of their planes.
I shall inform you,
thank you.

Country
denmark
SOunds pretty awesome wishing all the best for this :-D Sadly I am currently only working with Dassault Falcons, but got a weak spot for the G-V (well G550 and G650), crossing fingers and wishing all the best on this one and if you one day should need someone with experience from the Corporate jet world don't hesitate to ask me :)

Country
china
I have only pointed out something that has been common knowledge in the developer world for years.
Don't model Gulfstream. They WILL shut you down.
I don't know this before.Why I can't model others except Gulfstream,I was trying to model it seveeal months ago and also found some gulfstream products on some sim webs.I like their avoinics.

I don't know this before.Why I can't model others except Gulfstream,I was trying to model it seveeal months ago and also found some gulfstream products on some sim webs.I like their avoinics.
ORBX Models gulfstreams in their scenery, in addition, there are several ai models available for download from many flightsim sites. I think what they do not want is anyone profiting from their designs, so it may be understandable if they prohibit payware designers from modelling it...

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I have a framed "Cease and Desist" letter from their legal department, prompted solely by some WIP screenshots of a freeware GIV project I started many years ago...

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
It is a legal liability of representation. They are very specific about their product quality and Gulfstream is in no way unique, consider how Microsoft avoids almost all product representation. It is not to "not advertize," it is to avoid potential claims of misrepresentation. Otherwise, some 737 pilot somewhere is going to try to land on a carrier and when he screws up, he is not going to suck it up, he will blame Microsoft. Same reason LM stripped Boeing from P3D, to forestall the, "hey my son just informed me that your 'simulation' of the 737 performs significantly slower, faster, smoother, jerkier, whatever than the actual 737, yet you have provided no disclaimer.." phone call.
First off, Gulfstream really doesn't care, if ORBX wants to risk misrepresenting the product, well maybe they like to gamble; but there is no way on God's green Earth that anyone will ever have any sort of documentation of Gulfstream agreeing to allow any sort of representation and (inevitable) misrepresentation. Consider it more of an insurance policy than anything else and you can probably go ahead and do as you please, just don't make it awkward by asking and don't quote me, of course. I didn't give permission.
Think about it, are they really going to sue? and could one possibly position one's self in such a way that it would be better for the company to turn a blind eye?

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I have a framed "Cease and Desist" letter from their legal department, prompted solely by some WIP screenshots of a freeware GIV project I started many years ago...
In regard to the above post, it is curious (to me) that the act of posting images prompted a communication. Is there any possibility that you had expressed, perhaps in forum, a desire or intent to represent the product? Given that you are a well known and respected developer, not to say you are being watched, but that you may be held to a higher standard of scrutiny...

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Rick, who knows? This occurred back in 2002 shortly after I received the "Developer's Award for Aircraft Design Excellence" from Flightsim.com (which not coincidently is sharing wall space next to the aforementioned framed C&D letter).

It was likely a combination of the posted screenshots with the thread title of "GIV WIP" that triggered the C&D process. However, it should be noted that it was not General Dynamics' legal team who made the initial discovery.

There are several legal firms who's entire practice centers on finding possible infringements, and then notifying the affected company's legal department with their findings. They are on retainer from many companies. Their minimum wage human 'droids' do nothing all day but scour the World Wide Wasteland looking for fresh cow patties, er... I mean "infringements"... :rotfl:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Same reason LM stripped Boeing from P3D, to forestall the, "hey my son just informed me that your 'simulation' of the 737 performs significantly slower, faster, smoother, jerkier, whatever than the actual 737, yet you have provided no disclaimer.." phone call.

people_bastards_it_crowd.gif

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Rick, who knows? This occurred back in 2002 shortly after I received the "Developer's Award for Aircraft Design Excellence" from Flightsim.com (which not coincidently is sharing wall space next to the aforementioned framed C&D letter).

It was likely a combination of the posted screenshots with the thread title of "GIV WIP" that triggered the C&D process. However, it should be noted that it was not General Dynamics' legal team who made the initial discovery.

There are several legal firms who's entire practice centers on finding possible infringements, and then notifying the affected company's legal department with their findings. They are on retainer from many companies. Their minimum wage human 'droids' do nothing all day but scour the World Wide Wasteland looking for fresh cow patties, er... I mean "infringements"...
In a very real way, that is the sincerest of complements. I don't have anyone looking over my shoulder, sniff..:(

Country
us-arizona
There are several legal firms who's entire practice centers on finding possible infringements, and then notifying the affected company's legal department with their findings. They are on retainer from many companies. Their minimum wage human 'droids' do nothing all day but scour the World Wide Wasteland looking for fresh cow patties, er... I mean "infringements"...

Sounds like Ross.

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have a framed "Cease and Desist" letter from their legal department...

It's worse than that, I seem to have a Cease & Desist for this thread. Four times I've tried to read it on my ThickPhone and four times the poor thing has crashed: it's very reliable but I needed the desktop to see this. How much did these lawyers pay Heretic to post that animated .gif?