• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Guam intl airport in development

Country
germany
Thank you very much. Your PGUM is one of the best freeware airports for FSX in my opinion. Keep up the excellent work!

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
These static aircraft are frame killers. Which files should I delete to get rid of them?
I think it is not right opinion about static aircrafts. A lot of people often think like that. The truth is if you do it right, make a few LODs, it will consume less resource than AI. Normally AI contains 5-6 LODs and need resource to make it move and fly on flight plans. I think static aircrafts will make frame rate better than the same number of AI's.

Country
unitedstates
My experience with this field is that VATSIM-injected aircraft models have a far less impact on both frames and memory than the static models. Panning my viewpoint to the aircraft causes a serious lag. So maybe the static aircraft textures and/or models have too much detail?

Also, the static models occupy much-needed parking spaces. During busy events such as Worldflight, this is a serious problem.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
It depends on the developer of that airport. Normally after convert AI aircraft to be static one, there are a lot of textures (I have seen one of this has 4 textures) and numerous of LODs (5-6).
I have converted AI to be static and put all the textures into one sheet and choose only 3 LODs to be use. I don't use the most detail one but use another less detail model to be my biggest LODs on static aircraft.
The frame rate is very good.
Conclusion, if you do it right, static aircraft is not a frame rate eater.