• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Using AIBTC02 , Google Earth , Compiled and still no boat traffic :(

Country
us-pennsylvania
Hi there! Any help will be appreciated. this weekend I started working on AI boat traffic Using AIBTC02 , Google Earth and Ai boat traffic guide for dummies. Got it complied with no errors, Placed the file in the ...world/scenery folder , set the right % of ship traffic ... and .... no boat traffic

Boat text: AC#14,20,"wash_ferry_sm"

Boat Plans: AC#14,102vqs,10%,2Hr,00:37:27,01:00:34,102,reverse,ferry,01:37:27,00:00:34,102,normal,ferry

Included are 2 compiled files

Attachments

• trafficviequesboats.bgl
    534 bytes · Views: 468
  • trafficviequesboats2.bgl
    502 bytes · Views: 374
Country
spain
Always use AC#1, 2 etc in this order, not sure if it can the problem. if you have two hours in the route, the route must commit that Schedule, I mean you have two hour to depart, arrive, and return, "01:37:27,00:00:34,this Schedule don't look to be right"

GHD

Country
england
I don't think you corrected the second arrival time, it was set to midnight. Try:

AC#1,B69240,1%,2Hr,00:37:26,00:46:44,101,reverse,ferry,01:37:26,01:46:44,101,normal,ferry

Did you set an adequate traffic percent in FSX?

Last edited:
Country
us-pennsylvania
Thanks, I appreciate your help. I have tried different settings and 2 different KMLs . My Pc is running FSX acceleration. I even copied to thread and tried it. Still no results

Country
us-pennsylvania
Thanks, I tried different setting and your thread with no results. when I set traffic to 99% all traffic comes up .... except mine :(

Country
spain
AIBTC don't give you any error when compiled ?. check the mdl boat, if the name match with that of the boatxx txt file. try with 4 hrs for the route. and don't desperate, I still have problems to make my ships to sail in fsx.
In the file you uploaded, the number in the boatxx file was AC#1 and in the Plansxxx file was AC#14 but it can be seen easily.
With AIBTC, I have ended creating short routes, 2Hrs, 4 Hrs, begin with 00:00:00 and so on.

Country
us-pennsylvania
AIBTC02 does compile my files with no errors. It is recognized when I start FSX. My Pc AMD 4130 (3.8 Ghz) , 16gb Ram , Ge Force Gti 650 2gb ddr3 , FSX on SSD , Windows 7 64bit ...

Country
us-pennsylvania
Thanks Tom, that's whay I mean. The file is compiled and then I copy it to fsx/scenery/world/scenery and when I start fsx is says loading new scenery ....

Country
denmark
Hi - did you check that no FS9 traffic files are around? If the file compiled correctly, then the most common reason for no traffic is that FS9 files impedes FSX traffic files to be shown.

Country
us-pennsylvania
Hi - did you check that no FS9 traffic files are around? If the file compiled correctly, then the most common reason for no traffic is that FS9 files impedes FSX traffic files to be shown.
.... That's it! FS9 traffic is the problem. I moved it out and voilà! there is my ship :) now I have to figure how to integrate that FS9 traffic to the FSX. Possibly will decompile the original fsx traffic and add my own.Thanks all for your input :)

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
AIFP can convert flight plan BGL files between FS9 and FSX formats

GHD

Country
england
.... That's it! FS9 traffic is the problem. I moved it out and voilà! there is my ship :) now I have to figure how to integrate that FS9 traffic to the FSX. Possibly will decompile the original fsx traffic and add my own.Thanks all for your input :)
I think that's a red-herring, it works here even if I have an FS9 traffic file operating out of TJFA:

Last edited:
Country
denmark
Hi George,
If your FS9 file is outside the range that FSX loads, then there is not a problem - in any other case for sure FSX and FS9 traffic files do not co-exist. FS9 files will get priority and FSX files will not show up. But solution is easy converting in AIFP.
Henrik

GHD

Country
england
Hi Henrik,

I deliberately created an FS9 format traffic file very close to the boats file and the boat does appear.

My feeling is that aircraft and boat plans are treated differently in FSX. Don't forget that AIBTC was created for FS9.

Country
denmark
Hi George,
That is very odd... I suppose you are using FSX and what you are saying is that you have both a FS9 boat traffic files, FS9 air traffic files and FSX boat traffic files and the later still show up - correct?
If you put a FS9 air traffic file- e.g. WOAI on top´of a FSX boat traffic file - you will have no ships. You convert it to FSX format and you will have the ships.

Regards to whether AIBTC was created for FS9... the below is from the creator of AIBTC's own website:

Flight Simulator X - Boat Traffic Compiler

bringing sea life to FSX !

AI Boat Traffic Compiler (AIBTC) is a software to create, edit and compile schedules for ships in Flight Simulator X. It is inspired by the venerable TTools of Lee Swordy to create AI aircrafts schedules. A prior knowledge of aircraft AI traffic is needed to understand this document. A good source of documentation is the help file of
TTools 2.0

In FS9 boat traffic will be done using AFCAD where the ships follow the taxiways - that is a completely different concept.