• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Problem in CREATEAGNPOLYVEG

Country
italy
Hi Arno,
welcome back from vacation!
Unfortunately I'm here to report a problem.
Scenproc always crash on step CREATEAGNPOLYVEG importing from shape files (no crash from osm files).
I tried it on 4 computers, 2 with windows 8 (x64), Windows 7 (x32) and XP (x32) and with different source files.
I also tried various configurations, but always crashes.
You find ad example in attachement, so you can try to reproduce the problem.
Only with windows 7 I got an error message, this:

Description:
stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: clr20r3
Problem signature 01: scenproc.exe
Problem signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem signature 03: 530a4fbe
Problem signature 04: ASToFra.scenProc
Problem signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem signature 06: 5330cb9c
Problem signature 07: 564
Problem signature 08: 0
Problem signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1040

Thanks and: Happy Easter!
Chris

Attachments

• natural.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 205
  • AGN_test.zip
    553 bytes · Views: 184

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I'll have a look.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The problem is that you have SPLITGRID before IMPORTOGR. That way the features you import are not split correctly into the autogen tiles. You need to put it after importing the data.

Country
italy
Hi Arno,

I rewrite my problem here (that I have already write in "Way to create autogen library objects") to avoid confusion.
When I use CREATEAGNLIBOBJ to put the lights in the streets, vegetation is randomly removed.
I'm also trying to work around the problem using step REPLACEPOLYGONBYVEGETATIONRECTANGLES, but involves another problem:
with this command:
REPLACEPOLYGONBYVEGETATIONRECTANGLES|FTYPE=POLYGON;FROMFILE=natural_test.shp|0.00025|0.1|0.5 creates more than 400,000 rectangles and then hangs (loop ?) when it comes to step ADDATTRIBUTEIFINSIDE, whereas if I use larger values of 0.00025 (forr example 0.0025 or 0,05) it hangs (loop ?) immediately.
When you have time, if you want, you can replicate the problem with file attachments.
This is the configuration file:
# @0@=408
# @1@=129
# @2@=11.25
# @3@=11.71875
# @4@=44.296875
# @5@=44.64843783333333

# road layer for lights
IMPORTOGR|I:\fsx-p3d\GIS\Italia_shp_full\roads_test.shp|@2@;@3@;@4@;@5@|*|NOREPROJ

# vegetation in natural layer
IMPORTOGR|I:\fsx-p3d\GIS\Italia_shp_full\natural_test.shp|@2@;@3@;@4@;@5@|*|NOREPROJ

# set point ROADTYPE
PLACEPOINTSALONGLINE|FTYPE=LINE;FROMFILE=roads_test.shp;HIGHWAY=residential|70;70|5;5|ROADTYPE|LightRes|hroad

PLACEPOINTSALONGLINE|FTYPE=LINE;FROMFILE=roads_test.shp;HIGHWAY=primary|90;90|5;5|ROADTYPE|LightPri|hroad
PLACEPOINTSALONGLINE|FTYPE=LINE;FROMFILE=roads_test.shp;HIGHWAY=primary_link|90;90|5;5|ROADTYPE|LightPri|hroad

PLACEPOINTSALONGLINE|FTYPE=LINE;FROMFILE=roads_test.shp;HIGHWAY=secondary|90;90|5;5|ROADTYPE|LightSec|hroad
PLACEPOINTSALONGLINE|FTYPE=LINE;FROMFILE=roads_test.shp;HIGHWAY=secondary_link|90;90|5;5|ROADTYPE|LightSec|hroad

PLACEPOINTSALONGLINE|FTYPE=LINE;FROMFILE=roads_test.shp;HIGHWAY=tertiary|120;120|5;5|ROADTYPE|LightTer|hroad

PLACEPOINTSALONGLINE|FTYPE=LINE;FROMFILE=roads_test.shp;HIGHWAY=trunk|90;90|5;5|ROADTYPE|LightTrunk|hroad
PLACEPOINTSALONGLINE|FTYPE=LINE;FROMFILE=roads_test.shp;HIGHWAY=trunk_link|90;90|5;5|ROADTYPE|LightTrunk|hroad

PLACEPOINTSALONGLINE|FTYPE=LINE;FROMFILE=roads_test.shp;HIGHWAY=unclassified|120;120|5;5|ROADTYPE|LightUnc|hroad

# set VEGETYPE
ADDATTRIBUTEIFINSIDE|FTYPE=POLYGON;FROMFILE=natural_test.shp|NATURAL=scrub|VEGETYPE|Scrub
ADDATTRIBUTEIFINSIDE|FTYPE=POLYGON;FROMFILE=natural_test.shp|NATURAL=wood|VEGETYPE|Wood

SPLITGRID|AGN

# create agn light pole
CREATEAGNLIBOBJ|FTYPE=POINT;ROADTYPE=LightRes|{053d92c0-0adc-4e10-b6f6-5306cb691388}|hroad|0|1;1
CREATEAGNLIBOBJ|FTYPE=POINT;ROADTYPE=LightPri|{c8124003-9d11-449c-af0b-72b7e7a303d7}|hroad|0|1;1
CREATEAGNLIBOBJ|FTYPE=POINT;ROADTYPE=LightSec|{10ca7aa5-4476-4533-b807-8453858389a4}|hroad|0|1;1
CREATEAGNLIBOBJ|FTYPE=POINT;ROADTYPE=LightTer|{c8124003-9d11-449c-af0b-72b7e7a303d7}|hroad|0|1;1
CREATEAGNLIBOBJ|FTYPE=POINT;ROADTYPE=LightTrunk|{10ca7aa5-4476-4533-b807-8453858389a4}|hroad|0|1;1
CREATEAGNLIBOBJ|FTYPE=POINT;ROADTYPE=LightUnc|{c8124003-9d11-449c-af0b-72b7e7a303d7}|hroad|0|1;1

CREATEAGNPOLYVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;VEGETYPE=Scrub|{2fde0277-1697-4dab-b481-c3985c80596f}
CREATEAGNPOLYVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;VEGETYPE=Wood|{7dc6ef4e-92a5-4d0d-b94b-212dd1fa936d}

#create agn files
EXPORTAGN|FSX|I:\Addon Scenery\Italy_LOD14_2MT_SIM\Italy_LOD14_2MT_@1@\Italia-@0@-@1@-LOD14\texture

Hello and thanks

Chris

Attachments

• Natural.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 213
  • roads.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 192

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Chris,

I'm not sure if using that step would really solve your problem. That step is more meant for FS2004 style autogen that doesn't support polygonal vegetation.

I also don't understand why you use the ADDATTRIBUTEIFINSIDE step as you do. It seems to me that you are using the same set of polygons to add the attribute to and test against. In that case I see no need for this step. You could directly use the existing attribute or just use ADDATTRIBUTE if you want to add another attribute (but that would just consume more memory).

I haven't tested with library objects in forest areas yet. I think the first step would be to understand how the autogen engine works. Like buildings are suppressed by polygonal vegetation. We need to know how library objects and polygonal vegetation work together. Once that is clear, we can find the best way to fix it.

If the library objects indeed suppress the vegetation polygons, then maybe modifying the SUBTRACTFEATURES step to handle the library objects as well could be a solution. But it might also be that it is just the MDL object that suppresses the autogen (like it does when placed with XML). In that case maybe we need other solutions.

I'll see if I can do some more testing here, but it might take a few days.

Country
italy
Hi arno,

I found the problem!

The cause are values of width to length of step CREATEAGNLIBOBJ

My lights objects are very small, 1m x 1m, so I put 1;1

I just tried to put 6;6 and the problem is gone: there are now both lights and complete vegetation

Now you can analyze the problem and if you want, try to solve it (or a work around).

I'll explain why i use ADDATTRIBUTEIFINSIDE step:
I created a PostGIS database of Italy (imported from full italy.osm)
Then I created custom views, to get the shp with only data that I need (with QGIS)
In natural.shp, my custom NATURAL attribute contains data of wood and scrub (to use different guid, in ADDATTRIBUTEIFINSIDE i use the condition NATURAL=scrub and NATURAL=wood)

See what happens using values that are too small in length and width:

fuuzaw.jpg

Thanks, as always, the time you spend here

Hello
Chris

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Good to know that small sizes of library objects can also give trouble in Annotator. We knew this for buildings already, but not yet for library objects.