• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI Aircraft Editor 2.1.18

Country
germany
Hello,

Today I have release version 2.1.18 of the AI Aircraft Editor on AVSim, FlightSim and at The Owls Nest.

Newly added is an FS9/FSX viewer component. You can display the currently selected model and texture in a separate window. My cordial thanks goes to Arno, who changed the MCX components in a way that this could work and who helped me patiently to get this done. Thank you, Arno :)
And thank you, Jon, for my .Net initiation :D

Another new addition is the Internet Live Update Function plus several small enhancements and corrections.

My thanks again to the guys at MAIW and AIG for their great beta testing and support.

AIAE-2.1.18.jpg

Country
us-washington
I've been trying to install 2.1.18, but I get an error part way through. When it gets to extracting ASToFra.objecteditor.dll, that's when I get the error. An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: MoveFile failed; code 2. The system cannot find the file specified. Then I get the choise of abort, retry or ignore. If I choose ignore, it continues, but when I run it the model viewer doesn't work. Just looks like it's working then gives another error. I'm running win 7 pro 64bit. ver 2.0.8 loads and works, but it doesn't have the viewer.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I've been trying to install 2.1.18, but I get an error part way through. When it gets to extracting ASToFra.objecteditor.dll, that's when I get the error. An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: MoveFile failed; code 2. The system cannot find the file specified. Then I get the choise of abort, retry or ignore. If I choose ignore, it continues, but when I run it the model viewer doesn't work. Just looks like it's working then gives another error. I'm running win 7 pro 64bit. ver 2.0.8 loads and works, but it doesn't have the viewer.

Can you try to install into an empty folder? I discussed with Martin and we guess you are installing into a non empty folder.

Country
germany
John, I have never seen this before, so it is a bit guesswork. Aside from the empty folder trick, where are you trying to install it to? Have you changed the path to point to the C:\Program Files structure? Also try run the setup as Administrator.

Country
germany
Hi,
I got the same error, but I could blame it on my Antivir software "Avast".
It likes to catch and eat "ASToFra.objecteditor.dll"

After disabling Avast for some minutes, I could install AI Aircraft Editor 2.1.8

Country
germany
Oh so true, Guenther. Yes, this happens a lot with many DLLs and AV programs :). Normally there should be an indication that the AV has blocked something.