• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Locked to FSX?

GHD

Country
england
I haven't used "Lock" since the early days, but, I understood that when locked to FSX, the aircraft symbol would remain in the centre of the display.

Apparently not:

In fact, if one zooms in, there becomes a point where the aircraft symbol is totally off the display:

Last edited:
Country
germany
George,

I've just tested this function (I never used before) and it works as it should. For each magnifying step the aircraft tried do "escape" but the picture was shifted right to the centre each time again.
BUT, after testing it again after restarting and reconnecting FSX I got the same phenomena as you did. After closing ADE, rebooting, connecting and locking it again, it was okay like in my first attempt. :scratchch

Hmm, some additional observations: When closing FSX while having ADE centred to the plane in maximum amplification, the picture obviously jumped to nowhere (I just got the background colour). Center on ARP did not help but bringing the airport in sight and only repeating the command was successful, finally.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
George - I suspect this relates to your other issues with the plane starting at 0,0. I agree with Axel that it can leave things a bit odd when closing FSX however I can't replicate your problem - the plane always returns to the center of the display whatever I do with zoom or pan

GHD

Country
england
No, I don't think it has anything to do with the 0.0. This happenned about half an hour after I started moving the aircraft.

I think that occasionally the drawing engine gets into a peculiar state from which the only escape is to either select approach mode or exit and restart.

After a restart it seems to be behaving itself.

I haven't used "Lock" since the early days, but, I understood that when locked to FSX, the aircraft symbol would remain in the centre of the display.

Apparently not:

In fact, if one zooms in, there becomes a point where the aircraft symbol is totally off the display:

I use connect /lock mode all the time and yes the crosshair symbol does travel. The reason is in the zoom of both ADE and FS.

Using connect/locked "zoom in" on the ADE grid like your pictures show. Now, "zoom out" the FSX screen if in Top-Down view mode. Place the FS plane in slew mode and slew around. The symbol over time will slowly travel away from the center screen of ADE (see my picture).

In some cases unlocking and then lock again will center the symbol. In other cases you have to exit ADE and start again. The work around for me has always been "zoom in" close but unlock and lock if the symbol strays from center.

EDIT ----- I don't have the 0,0 problem that George had (has).

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Jim

I suppose that it may be conneced to the way ADE re-centers. I will add it to the list and see if there is something in my code.