• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Ai Flight problem

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi All

I've created some ai flight plans (just short hops around the country) but when I follow the ai aircraft they take off and just fly on the sake heading as the runway for ages and ages. If I go and look at the time in the world, time and date and the come back to the flying the ai jumps to its destination airport. I'm using the latest version of ai flight planner and fsx acceleration. Is this just something that is default in fsx or am I going wrong some where?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Hi. Nick. The function of the traffic file is to tell Flightsim which aircraft to use and where and when it is to go and how fast it is to fly enroute. Otherwise, how the aircraft gets to its destination is totally up to Flightsim. That being said, VFR flights will take a different, more direct route than IFR flights. As well, I'm assuming the airport in flightsim is in the same place as AIFP "thinks" it is.

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Don

Thanks for the reply. Yes the airport is in the same place. It just seemed odd that an aircraft would take off and just fly straight for ages and ages and then as soon as it would reload the air traffic (i.e. if i went into a menu and changed the time or date even if it was just by a minute) it would jump to its destination airport. I'm guessing flight sim doesn't have the capability of creating flight plans where you can follow the ai from start to finish.

Cheers

Nick

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Yes, you should be able to follow AI from takeoff to landing. If you are using stock airports, please send me the traffic file and tell me which flight to watch.

Don

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

The AIR file of the aircraft must be enabled for AI traffic (a specific section in the AIR file). If not, the plane never turns and keeps going on the runway heading forever.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Good to know, Tom. I was not aware of that little "wrinkle".

Thanks.

Don

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

What is usually missing is Section 1199 *Autopilot/Secondary Aerodynamics. If missing, you can open a working AI AIR file in the program AirEd, copy that section (right click on the section header/Copy to Clipboard), open the plane's AIR file, and paste it in (right click any section/Add from Clipboard).

Hope this helps,