• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Culzean Castle

GHD

Country
england
If I have "MissingLibraryAlert=1" in my FSX.CFG and if I start at EGPK (Prestwick) I get a warning that (dc017e53-b9a4-4036-afcb-1cef166a9c02) is missing.

Searching my scenery areas, I find that the library is FSX\Scenery\EURW\scenery\glasgow.bgl and the placement of the castle is in FSX\Scenery\0501\scenery\OBX46120.bgl:

<SceneryObject
lat="55.3525231406093"
lon="-4.7875240445137"
alt="0.0M"
altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
pitch="0"
bank="0"
heading="333.489990234375"
imageComplexity="NORMAL">
<LibraryObject
name="{dc017e53-b9a4-4036-afcb-1cef166a9c02}"
scale="1.00"
/>
</SceneryObject>

Both EURW and 0501 are active in the scenery library.

If I inhibit these areas and copy the library to a new scenery area for a German airport,and add a placement at that airport I get the same warning that the Castle is missing.

However, if I extract the model and import it into the ADE airport file, it appears.

At its real position in Scotland, it is invisible, at Eschendorf, it is present in all its glory:

but only if the model is included in the ADE bgl.

Can anyone offer an explanation as to why this might happen?

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I know the castle quite well and that ain't like it at all. Perhaps a German impostor?

This is the real thing, jawohl!

Aerial-Photograph-HH-Culzean-Castle.jpg

George

Its there at least what FSX thinks it looks like. I cannot tell you why the GUID does not play well. There are many one off's in FS and each one is a case by case issue.

There are several ways you can get the castle to show that I know of and there could be others. Using ADE add and place the castle to the right of where the stock castle is located (see pic below). Add the model to the ADE model list (i think you did already).

In my pic you can see I added a small flatten and exclude autogen (castle on flat ground and remove some small houses that looked out of place) where the stock castle sits. You can see the ADE scenery object to the right of my flatten so based on my picture bury the ADE Castle (uncheck Altitude is AGL). We need the ADE added castle to drop to the sea level floor (out of sight) and I also set complexity to the max.

So we drop the ADE added castle to SL and the stock castle will pop up (in theory). We need the textures so go to the 5 glasgow_Culzean's and COPY out of the EURW\Texture folder to the Global\Texture folder.

If you do not want to use ADE then compile XML to a bgl with placement and library like this

<SceneryObject
lat="55.347029119"
lon="-4.774673689"
alt="0.0M"
altitudeIsAgl="FALSE"
pitch="0"
bank="0"
heading="0.0"
imageComplexity="EXTREMELY_DENSE">
<LibraryObject
name="{dc017e53-b9a4-4036-afcb-1cef166a9c02}"
scale="1.00" />
</SceneryObject>

place in a active folder AND be sure to COPY the textures into the Global\texture folder.

We are not using any part of the add Scenery Object, Library or Textures. We are hiding all that at sea level so FS will make the stock castle appear that is in the Glasgow bgl and EURW\Texture folder

Last edited:

GHD

Country
england
It is not that I wish it to show, I wish that there is no warning of a missing object which is obviously in the scenery search path:

Last edited:

GHD

Country
england
I have no explanation for this, but you nudged me in the right direction Jim.

I added an exclusion rectangle at the castle and placed it in the Prestwich scenery area (near the top of the sceney list) and the warning now doesn't appear.

EDIT-------------

I cross posted

FS will see the stock library object GUID after you add a 2nd castle and hide it in the ground. I call it shock therapy since the 2nd castle forces the stock castle to display.

I had the same error as you loading EGPK with the MissingLibraryAlert=1. If you only want to fix the error then use the exclusion rectangle on the stock castle and it will not show up.

Another option is to decompile the glasgow.bgl, delete the following XML ModelData lines of code, remove the .mdl then Save/ compile.

<!-- GUID {DC017E53-B9A4-4036-AFCB-1CEF166A9C02} -->
<!-- Glasgow_Culzean -->
<ModelData
sourceFile="F:\glasgow_04.mdl"
fileOffset="0"/>

I have no explanation for this, but you nudged me in the right direction Jim.

I added an exclusion rectangle at the castle and placed it in the Prestwich scenery area (near the top of the sceney list) and the warning now doesn't appear.

My exclusion rectangle differed slightly from the way you did it.

I have no explanation either regardless of how the exclusion was pathed. I'm going to leave the castle in my scenery since it is FSX default.

I did not see the model either. I went to EGPK and then slewed down the coast to your lat lon. There was no castle. I added a 2nd model to FSX using ADE and then buried it out of sight. This caused the stock castle to appear :wizard: (after I copied the textures) and the MissingLibraryAlert error message no longer showed on startup of FSX.

GHD

Country
england
This is ridiculous. It works fine on my XP FSX, however, on W7, even with the exclusion, both FSX and P3D report the Castle as missing.