• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Start up wav overlaps prop sound effects

Country
unitedstates
Hey guys, I'm new to this sound stuff. I have a basic understanding of how to use FSSS.

I have set up my sound files. Trying to do some edits on the 441 Conquest by flysimware.
Just a project to learn stuff.

I have followed the tutorial in FSSS. I believe I understand everything on setting up the files and links.

Here is my issue. I used the RealAir Turbine Duke as a guide, Pretty much all engines sounds were in a prop section.

This is where I'm adding my files as well.
I have my starter,lightoff, and shutdown sounds. Everyhting looks fine in FSSS and the sound.cfg.

OK, then I have a wav that is basically the RPM idling at 70%.
Then I add a wav file, that does an increase in pitch(trying to emulate selecting the condition levers from Start/idle, to Takeoff.
I then have a wav that is the takeoff Condition lever sound.
Finally I have a takeoff power wave. I don't have anything in the combustion section right now.

Here's my issue, the starter wav plays fine. Then the lightoff wav will kick in fine initially; but when I get lightoff on the engine; then the other prop sounds will play in succession all the way up to max takeoff power; then reverses the sounds back to the idle at 70% sound.

After the lightoff wav finishes, it will settle down to the idle@70% wav. When I increase the condition levers to Takeoff, I get the increase RPM sound fine. Finally as I increase throttle, I will get the increase in RPM to takeoff power. That seems to be working/sounding OK.

The main issue, when playing the engine lightoff wav, after lightoff, all the prop events will play, till the liightoff wav is finished.

I'm sure this is on me. I'm at a loss as to why everything is playing all at once when the engine is spooling up after lightoff.

The Max Prop RPM is 2000. I adjusted the aircraft config to reflect this, as well as the min gov RPM, and Max NG.

I then used the RPM slider in FSSS to determine where my 70% RPM would be located. This is approx. 1400RPM on the scale. This was my baseline for arranging the sounds.

Anybody have any ideas that may shed some light on this issue?

Any insight appreciated.

Best,
David

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hi David! :wave:

I'm sorry that I know nothing about sound files in FS at all. We depend on a few people who 'specialize' in sound systems to create our sound packs at Milviz. I wish I could help... :oops:

Country
unitedstates
Hi Fr. Bill. Hope all is well. Thanks to Rob Young, I have a better understanding of my sound file configuration.
Thank You, for responding.

Merry Christmas

Best,
David