• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA How to get rid of shadows

Country
ca-quebec
I have discovered a probleme with a objetcs that is by default in my system.
The objetcs are ANI_DlophinLightGreyLine and ANI_DlophinLightGreyLoop.
The probleme is when i go in FSX/Options/setting/display/scenery and i activate the "Ground scenery shadows" a big square appears where the dolphins moves.

Is there a way to cancel the shadows directly in the objetcs and keep the shadows activated in FSX.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 483
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 444
  • Setting.jpg
    Setting.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 374
Country
germany
I guess the problem is in the object itself. The object is part of the original FSX library, the file is animals.bgl. If you really want to change that, you probably have to change the object library.
I would however not touch an original file of the FSX.

Country
ca-quebec
Stil have the problem

I change the object GUID with MCX and installed it in a new Library. I stil get the reflection and splash but loose the dolphin !

Yes i transferd the texture in the new scenery

I don't know what im missing...

In the picture you see at the top the original animals.GBL and in the bottom you see my.BGL

Attachments

• Dolphin01.jpg
    Dolphin01.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 394
Country
unitedkingdom
What are you placing it with? Instant scenery 3 and ADEX allow you to tick the "no shadow" box. Problem solved!:)

Country
germany
I think we have a general problem now. The dolphins you see in the original scenery of FSX I guess have that GUID. If you want to place your own dolphins you have to exclude these original ones e.g. with ADEX or SbuilderX first.
Afterwords you can place them again like Shaun wrote with Instant Scenery 3 or ADEX.
Do you see the dolphins in the MCX window when loading the original file?

Country
ca-quebec
Thank you Shaun for your suggestion.

I use ADEX and did not notice the option "no shadow" box. Now everything is OK

In the picture you see the same object with and without the "no shadow" activated

ScreenShot007.jpg