• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Fokker D.21 fighter for FSX

Country
us-idaho
Wanted to show-off a few more of this wonderful aircraft. Far exceeded expectations in every regard!
I'll be writing a review, and PIREP for those interested, soon.

duskfokker1.jpg

duskfokker2.jpg

duskfokker3.jpg

Country
us-idaho
75 years ago today, one of the great pioneers of aviation passed away. Anthony Fokker, the "Flying Dutchman", and founder of Fokker Aircraft. He died Dec. 23rd, 1939. Today I remember his work in tribute, and also acknowledge a pioneer of flight simulator aviation, Mr. Kaasjager. Thanks for bringing the D.XXI back to life!

I Completed my review of the Fokker D.XXI

-Joseph

Country
netherlands
Finally back home and I had to try it right away!

It works perfectly in P3D V2.4! Thank you so much!

dI3tQum.jpg

gBBACaZ.jpg

It feels at home in the Nevada Desert!

Country
denmark
I have been busy the last month so I totally missed this release ... :(

Thanks a lot Daan, for the awesome aircraft and the paint kit as well; now I got no excuse for not attempting a Danish repaint! :)

(Happy new years' wishes too from sunny Jutland!).

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
For the upcoming update V1.1: added new paints (by Huub Vink), added TacPack functionality and updated the model. One of the most apparent model upates are the instrument lights dimmers at either side of the windscreen, though not functional. By the way, I might consider to change the texture for the thing, not really satisfied yet.

dimmer_01.png

TacPack functionality is also added. I didn't include tracer effect, since the Dutch army didn't use them, but I added the gun sound effects. I did this by harnessing Doug's sound gauge, which works fine.
To shoot, first one should pull out the 'Laden' and 'Zekeren' levers (image below), to unlock the guns. Triggering (AND round availability) triggers the gun and the sound effects.

dimmer_02.png

Country
mexico
Impressive work, Dutcheeseblend.

That kind of detail must cost you a lot of geometry; can I ask for your poly count?
Keep up the good work mate. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Cheers,
Sergio.

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi everybody,
One part of the D.21 cockpit is a fuseholder. These fuseholders were made by the French firm Ragonot, but no fuseholder is know to exist today. As an experiment, I revised and refined the 3D-model of the fuseholder, in order to print it. This is what the mesh looks like, I sent these 3 separate objects to Shapeways (www.shapeways.com).

And this is the resulting thing. Though the surface isn't perfect due to the plastic/printing structure, it is very accurate and exactly what I've been modelling. Fun to have it in your hands!

Regards, Daan

Country
netherlands
Awesome! If you keep going like this and print more knobs and levers you can make yourself a fokker d. 21 simpit :D