• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SDK

Country
england
Hi,
I need to install SDK and have found that my original FSXGold edition discs which I have not used for some time are seemingly damaged. I cannot open the SDK file on disk 1 following the trouble shooting guide ref this subject. I have the P3d 1.4 SDK which I believe is identical. Can anyone advise how I can use/apply this with ADE?

Rgds
Dc

Country
england
Hi,
Progress.. I have managed to install SDK and have added an ILS to OAKB. How do I get it to appear in FSX and fly it ? can anyone advise please?
Dc

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Have you compiled your work and put it into Addon Scenery\scenery?

Country
england
Hi Jon ....Yes progress I have got the ILS up and running!! One snag is the ILS shows 2 DME at the threshold on landing instead of 0 ? Is there a way of correcting this?
Dc

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Upload your project file (.ad4) to a post here so that we can check what is going on

Country
unitedstates
Hi Jon ....Yes progress I have got the ILS up and running!! One snag is the ILS shows 2 DME at the threshold on landing instead of 0 ? Is there a way of correcting this?
Dc
Sounds like the ILS DME is co-located with the localizer.

You can move it to the other end of the runway if you wish.

Note that without real world charts there is no way to know which is correct. Some airports do have the ILS DME co-located with the localizer.

Here is a picture of KBFI...

Capture.JPG

The square boxes are the ILS DME and you can see that 13R and 31L DME are side by side so crossing the threshold of 31L will read 0 while 13R will read about 2 miles.

cheers,
Lane

Country
unitedstates
To expand a bit, here is a pic of the approach chart for KBFI 13R...
Capture2.JPG

You can see that TOGAE is 4.8 nm from the runway and 6.5 nm DME.

cheers,
Lane

Country
england
Hi,

I have attached the file in question. I used a stock airport OAKB Kabul and all I have added is the ILS freq 110.5 and ident IAKW for RW 29.

Attachments

• OAKB_ADEX_DJC.ad4
    26.7 KB · Views: 260

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I see only a single DME in this project file associated with the ILS. Where are you seeing the second one?

Country
unitedstates
Jon, I think you misunderstood the issue.

Dc is saying that when he is landing his plane the DME indicator on his panel reads 2 nm when he crosses the threshold, instead on 0 nm.

As I said, this happens because the ILS DME transmitter is co-located with the ILS localizer transmitter at the far end of the runway.

I believe that ADE places the ILS DME with the localizer when you add an ILS.

If Dc wants the DME to read 0 nm when the plane crosses the RWY 29 threshold he needs to move the DME "box" from the localizer position in ADE to the other end of the runway.

I think.

cheers,
Lane

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Ah - thanks Lane - that makes sense and I misunderstood the original question. In that case I agree with you. Generally the DME is not going to read zero on touch down for most airports I am aware of since it is located either with the localizer or at some point on the airport. I know of at least one where the DME is located mid way on the side of the runway.