• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Availability of SDK with FSX Steam Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
... if you have 3ds Max. Until DTG sort out the problem, I think new Gmax users are frozen out. (cue the Blender mafia! :duck:LOL)
Oddly enough, GMax'ers aren't "frozen out" since DTG did include the required gmax_FSModelExp.dle export module. All one needs to do is drop a copy of the P3Dv1.4 XToMDL.exe into their ..\FSX_GmaxGamePack\Plugins folder, then copy paste the entire folder into the GMax program...

At least we have an answer now and luckily the P3D 1.4 SDK is still available, so that is the easiest way for people to still start developing.

I agree with Bill, why include a SDK folder and not fill it with the tools? But at least now we know how (or if) we need to adjust our tools to support FSX:SE.

At least we have an answer now and luckily the P3D 1.4 SDK is still available, so that is the easiest way for people to still start developing.

I agree with Bill, why include a SDK folder and not fill it with the tools? But at least now we know how (or if) we need to adjust our tools to support FSX:SE.

I agree Arno

Just a couple of days ago I downloaded the P3D 1.4 SDK along with the update to use the 64-bit modeling tools. The SDK combined with 3ds Max 2012 64bit makes for a fantastically versatile FSX modeling platform.

I was very impressed with how easily the new SDK installed without the fiasco I encountered with the FSX SDK/3ds Max 9 32bit combination, whereby certain files were not digitally signed.

I don't know if this is a FSX:SE issue but... export did not work :(
Seems related to Net Framework issue but with Windows 8.1 I don't know if I can install the old ones.

13383_1205191922.jpg

I don't know if this is a FSX:SE issue but... export did not work :(
Seems related to Net Framework issue but with Windows 8.1 I don't know if I can install the old ones.

10.0.61355 is SP1A - you may need to reinstall your SDK to SP2

Maybe my old files are damaged, I'll try to redownoald and reinstall, thanks again guys :)

Nope, same error with a clean installation of the SDK
Maybe if I try with the P3D 1.4 SDK...

What I would like to know is if they include an updated version of the SimConnect.lib and h. If they didn't addons might to roll back to the old Acceleration SimConnect.

Ok, fixed. I'm gonna explain what I did so anyone with the same problem can do the same...
First I installed the Prepar3D SDK, then copied the 3DSM7 Gamepack INSIDE the FSXGamepack in Gmax (Overwritting the folders), that eliminate the error, but now i was geting a different error, so I copied the backup FSXGamepack back inside where I put the 3DSM7 Gamepack and... it worked. How? No idea.

Back to work :D

What I would like to know is if they include an updated version of the SimConnect.lib and h. If they didn't addons might to roll back to the old Acceleration SimConnect.
Yes they did. At least they got that right!

They also included the "Legacy" .msi installers for FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1, and FSX-XPACK, although why they didn't go ahead and run them during the installation is anyone's guess... :stirthepo

I understand that AutoDesk stopped supporting Gmax about 10 years ago according to Google. I also understood that AutoDesk wasn't prepared to authorise any further GamePacks, based on posts in these and similar forums.

If so, then it may not be contractually for Microsoft to release the GamePack to DTG?

Last edited:
Given DTG the Gmax gamepack. DTG just need to include XToMDL to make it complete (senior moment?), as Bill has described above.

What Autodesk refused to license further was their SDK so that new export modules could be compiled. Since Microsoft/ACES compiled the export module years ago and it will never need to be recompiled, there's no problem with distributing it...

...which DTG has done. What DTG didn't do is include the XToMDL.exe (which has nothing to do with any modeling program, much less GMax), which makes the issue so bloody "Through the Looking Glass" curious!

What Autodesk refused to license further was their SDK so that new export modules could be compiled. Since Microsoft/ACES compiled the export module years ago and it will never need to be recompiled, there's no problem with distributing it...

...which DTG has done. What DTG didn't do is include the XToMDL.exe (which has nothing to do with any modeling program, much less GMax), which makes the issue so bloody "Through the Looking Glass" curious!

That is all rather irrelevant given that DTG has no contractual right to distribute to the SDK? Also, the Autodesk/Microsoft contract may not permit Microsoft licencing it to DTG?

Last edited:
Uh... DTG HAS included the autodesk export module in the SDK with FSX SE if I understand correct. The XtoMDL.exe compiler tool, which has nothing to do with 3DSMax, it just compiles the X files into MDL files, and the other files that compile the exports from Max into their relevant FSX file formats, are what are missing. And the question being asked is, why is DTG including anything of the SDK if they are not supposed to, but leaving just the key parts out?

Last edited:
The box version of FSX Gold are now selling at Amazon for as high as 167.00 USD. The deluxe is a little bit less while they last.

However all the ones I checked were for the country of Germany

My email read the same as Jon's that Dovetail sent me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back