• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

New Developer Here

Country
bangladesh
Hello there, we're a bunch of new scenery developers for FSX. We're mainly working for sceneries in Bangladesh, as you know there is no standard scenery for Bangladesh. We are completely beginners and we are learning something new everyday. This is my first post here, so am sorry if it is posted in the wrong place, please move it to any other place if required. My question is, I personally work with SketchUp, though I know 3DSMax or at least GMax should be used for good results, but I find it difficult to use those. Is it possible to use SketchUp and get good 3D models? I sometimes see that the end product after converting it using Model Converter X is not that perfect. Though we have created almost everything using SketchUp. I want to know whether it is all right to use SketchUp or I must start learning others from now? Thank you.

Country
bangladesh
A few pics from our project, we have just completed 60% of the airport (VGHS), much more things remain...

Attachments

• 2014-10-28_16-44-10-839.jpg
    2014-10-28_16-44-10-839.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 500
  • 2014-12-4_14-1-9-313.jpg
    2014-12-4_14-1-9-313.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 496
  • 2015-1-1_19-7-42-396.jpg
    2015-1-1_19-7-42-396.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 402
  • 2015-1-1_19-8-54-517.jpg
    2015-1-1_19-8-54-517.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 387
Country
spain
Sketchup work great with Fsx, having Modelconvertex you can edit there the Fsx materials, especular , reflexions, transparencies etc.
though don't know if with Sketchup you can work with background blueprints much necesary for fsx developments.
Right now for Fsx developers there is another great tool as Blender (a fsx files export plugin have been added). it's becoming a great candidate for Fsx creations though the learning curve is a "Little" steep.

tylerpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Sketchup is very good for Flight Simulator scenery. You can add background blueprints, either from your own picture, or from a photo-real image.

Country
france
i think blender is the best way to take because you can work on scenery and on aircrafts

sketchup is ok also for scenery

3dsmax for fsx/p3d?

great tool

the problem is the price

maybe if you not work for freeware because is very expensive if you want to buy it
but if you got 3500 dollars to put in is a good choice also...

sdk is made ot for

i use blender and i m very happy and once we start to understand the "blender workflow" is s very cool and powerfull tool
and is freeware!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Country
bangladesh
Thanks guys for your suggestions :). Really appreciate it a lot, such supports means so much to me :).