• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Ramp Lights For The Apron

Country
cyprus
Hi everyone,

I need some information about ramp lights. Can anyone who knows how to create ramp light help with it though a description or tutorial?
What I would like is to be able to create light splash as in generic light pole wash. I have created the poles and also floodlights however I have no idea how to illuminate the ground and also the other things that can pass by the pole.

I will be really very thankful for your kind and valuable assistance and recommendations.

Regards.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I personally think that bgl light is not so good. It has no scale when you are far away and they become a big clump of light.
Does bgl light can be used in P3D?

Country
us-idaho
Just wanted to pop in and say "Thanks", Father Bill. I have been working in ADE on a "better" Gibraltar, LXGB, for FSX. Added the new terminal model I built with Sketchup and converted to an FS Model with MCX. Then I placed it with the MCX Placement Wizard. It has the correct "footprint" even though the textures are not a perfect match. Struggled with night lighting the terminal, but finally solved my problem.

Your ramp lights were the perfect addition and final pieces I added to the airport. Looks fantastic...at least to me...and much better than the default.

Again, many thanks for allowing the community to use this excellent ramp/street light set of models. :)

Randy

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Randy, you are most welcome. I made those back in the days when I had more "spare time" than I have these days and am quite happy to share the fruits of my indolence... :laughing:

Country
cyprus
It's been a while dear Bill and within this period I've managed to improve my skills in scenery development yet forgot to once again thank you for the great lamps you created and which illuminate all of my custom-made airports. Back then I barely knew how to use them but fortunately, keeping on learning makes unmatched benefits for the life.
Take care.