• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Arlanda, Stockholm

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Nice work!
May I ask how big the texture sheets are?
When I need to support FS9 version, I need to stick with 1024 texture sheet. Actually, I'd like to stop supporting FS9 because of this reason more than anything.

S

Spitz

Thanks Tic!

Interesting you should bring this up, mine are all 2048, so I guess the FS9 guys will unfortunately have to live with the resized versions then. Not sure whether Voyage was smart enough to think about this....;)

Country
sweden
Hey! About that hill first of all; we haven't discussed that. Let's see what happens with that. Maybe.

On other notes. Here are some more previews. Time to import the taxilines etc. Hope you like the new summer textures. We are about to add the photoscenery with adjusted autogen as well. Well as always; bear in mind this is a preview and lot's of stuff is happening and changing and so on.
Still, don't you love the grading? ;) (not so modest today!)

Autogen is clearly missing as some objects and taxiways, etc. The list can go long, but it's all on the way folks!

And oh I've started a paypal donation account today, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link here? Otherwise I'll try to get the website up pretty soon. For those on you on facebook, our facebook page is most updated and its where you will find news first.
All is P3D v2.5 by the way.
summer1.jpg
summer2.jpg
summer3.jpg

Last edited:
Country
sweden
Oh and i totally missed the discussion regarding the texture size. I'm at the same approach as Spitz, just downsized textures. Haven't tried that much out in fs9 yet.

Might add by the way regarding the Paypal donation thing: it's not to get rich out of it. We will give something back for all the hard work our people at Arlanda has been doing to make this come true and in the end hopefully be able to buy a beer or two to for friday night when we've adjusted polygons for 12 hours. ;)

Country
sweden
From his Facebook page;

(posted 4 days ago)

"Hope you all have FTX Europe, fantastic stuff. Our version of Arlanda will include a highres photoscenery in at least some extent in each direction which blends perfectly with the FTX landclass. Tomorrow it is time to get the autogen back there!"

** His Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Voyage/772475472830767?fref=ts **

Once again, thank you so much Voyage and the team! And yes, you can expect some ca$h from me! :)

qo6ryd.jpg

313rad2.jpg

Country
sweden
Hey everyone,

We have got some really exciting news. Really really exciting news. Some of you may however feel the opposite, which I hope not.

Let's cut the case: we are signing with Orbx. Yes. Everything we promised about freeware is suddenly out the door. We are very sorry about that, it was not our plan to promise things we could not deliver and still this is exactly what we now have done. Our intentions has always been releasing a great product and we feel this will grant that will happen. It also means that I now can do this a bit more as a living rather than just a hobby, which is a dream coming true.

This means also that we now will have access to the best knowledge in the whole business and the product will also take use of the techniques and features you are well used to from Orbx. For us this also means that we have signed with whom we believe to be one of the greatest publishers out there. It is for us very, very exciting.
There was a few things that stood in the way of releasing it as a payware, as some of you may remember, that has all been taken care of.

Some of you that have been supporting this project with an incredible amount of love and some also some with cash during the brief period we accepted donations, we have sent you an email, please read that.

I hope you forgive us for turning to payware, I promise we will do our best do blow your mind with the end result of the product.

Country
france
Hello,
one think to Say, CONGRATULATION, ORBX is the best thing that can happen to a developer, and a miracle when its the very first scenery :)
Congratz again, Voyage :)

Greetingz, Marc L (Aviana Scenery)

Country
switzerland
Very nice to hear that you are with orbx now, in that case it can only be a top notch scenery, looking forward!

Country
sweden
Grattis! Never thought I'd be so happy for a freeware project going payware. Finally, Sweden are getting some payware quality airports again. All the best to the team!

Mvh/Andreas

Country
netherlands
No hard feelings from my side, I knew it was too good to be true ;) But congratulations, I hope you can implement a lot of ORBX's signature features like all of the "Flows" which make their airports so alive. Good luck with the further development!

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Congratulations! What a huge acknowledgement of your skill as a scenery developer. Well deserved. I suspect that this news means no FS9 version so for that I am a little sad but very happy you are now on your way to earning some income from all your hard work.

Greg