• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Textures missing and maximum work limit?

Country
bangladesh
fsfsfsf.jpg

Since a few months, all my models appear like this. These are all fully textured and in .JPG format, still it doesn't appear, any solution?
My MCX version is
ss.jpg

And, is there a limit as to how much big file is accepted / can be modified in MCX? I am trying this airport terminal model, it does everything, but in the end, the .MDL file is of 0 bytes and simply empty. This doesn't allow the compiling in BglComp.exe.
Should this help?
fssdsds.jpg

Thanks! Looking forward for some help.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
We need to see any lines in that last screen capture that have Error in them. Any Warnings would help too.

Country
us-florida
The size of your model textures need to be, for example, 512 x 512 or 512 x 1024 or a power of 2 equivalent. 512 x 778 won't work.

GHD

Country
england
382770 vertices is greater than the maximum allowed, 65536.

You will need to simplify your model.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You might also want to try to simplify your model at the source. Over 300.000 vertices is a lot for one terminal building. I would almost say that most buildings don't need more than 10000 vertices and simple ones should need a lot less. If too many objects are so complex, you'll run into performance issues.

Country
bangladesh
Yes, you are right. But the problem am facing is with pillars. I need around 50 pillars but these pillars are taking up all the vertices. Is there a way to decrease the vertex count in SketchUp?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
When you create an arc or circle, you can determine how many vertices they have. That's a good way to control the complexity of pilars, etc. If you go to the properties of the object you might still be able to change it.

Country
bangladesh
Hi there, I did try to change it, but it wasn't really possible. Is there any other way to make a pillar in SKP which has less vertices? Thanks :).

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
You mean your arc or cylinder don't have a property (anymore) for the amount of vertices they use?

I don't think there's another way. Modelling for a realtime sim like FS means that when you start modelling you should be aware of such issues for the performance and always balance how many polygons you are willing to use. Removing them afterwards is much harder.