• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

BUG? Missing Flights From Time Table Data Import

Country
us-kansas
To add another bug in Version C. The "Flight Plan File Text Editor" is showing times in GMT instead of my local time settings while the normal :Flight Plan Editor" shows times according to my local time. It keeps throwing me off because of that when I am trying to edit a Deadhead leg to a more reasonable time.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Sit-Time and Same FN Priority are two quite different things and are not (intentionally) related in the processing. You descriptions are not particularly helpful. What I really need - aside from a timetable file that includes sit time - is a statement in the form "when I do "x", "y" happens - where x and y have sufficient detail that I can replicate the problem and recognize when I have it. If AIFP is, in fact, ignoring the sit time entry (I need a new file to be able to check/address that), it doesn't much matter what's in the FN Priority box.

Don

Country
us-kansas
Sit-Time and Same FN Priority are two quite different things and are not (intentionally) related in the processing. You descriptions are not particularly helpful. What I really need - aside from a timetable file that includes sit time - is a statement in the form "when I do "x", "y" happens - where x and y have sufficient detail that I can replicate the problem and recognize when I have it. If AIFP is, in fact, ignoring the sit time entry (I need a new file to be able to check/address that), it doesn't much matter what's in the FN Priority box.

Don

Right now I am reproducing the result with erratic results. The Test-Sit times function is not very accurate when I throw in the "Priority to Same FN" value in so when I reset my sit-times in my time-table data I am getting an unexpected amount of FPs instead of what the Test-Sit times table says I should get

So right now with the fewest FPs mode, I have the "Priority to Same FN" value set at 240, I have the "Create Flight Plans from Time Table Data" function ready to read the Sit-Times from my time table data, and The Sit-Times are set at 35 for the 319, and 40 for the 320 and 321. According to the Test Time-Table data I should have 38 fps for the 319, 40 fps for the 320, and 3 fps for the 321. Instead I get 34 FPs for the 319, 41 FPs for the 320, and 3 for the 321. (which is correct for 321 there's very few FPs with that aircraft to see a problem) So I don't know why I am getting the wrong data in the Test-Sit times.

Also when I have the "Priority to Same FN" value set at blank in the fewest FPs mode. I still have the "Create Flight Plans from Time Table Data" function ready to read the Sit-Times from my time table data and The Sit-Times are set at 35 for the 319, and 40 for the 320 and 321. It caused new values to show in the Test-Sit Times data. So what is going on According to the new Test Time-Table data I should have 35 fps for the 319, 41 fps for the 320, and 3 fps for the 321. Instead I get 40 FPs for the 319, 44 FPs for the 320, and 3 for the 321. Again a discrepancy in the Test-Sit times data.

So with this new information what files should I send ya?

I can send ya the Flight Plan file sets of both runs here, I can give you the screen shots of "Create Flight Plans from Time Table Data" settings, and of course I can send ya the Time Table Data that I created these Flight Plans with, also I can send ya the dumps showing the Test Sit-Times data from both Flight Plan Processes I did above. Is this the data you need or what else or less do you need?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
At this point, it's not clear there is a problem. But, should one become apparent and it involves programmed sit times, I need the timetable data you are using that specifies the sit times and, as always, the settings for the controls on the Create FPs panel below "Mode".

I have to wonder from your comments whether you have considered the intended use of the various options. When you say
I am reproducing the result with erratic results. The Test-Sit times function is not very accurate
, I don't understand on what basis you could consider sit-time to be "inaccurate". Sit time simply specifies the minimum time following arrival before that same aircraft is allowed to depart. The timetable data itself specifies departure times. Unless departures are occurring prior to the expiry of the associated sit-time, the sit-time function is doing its job. The actual sit times will also be affected by the chosen mode and any value entered into the Priority to Same FN textbox.

So, unless you can demonstrate premature departure, there's nothing for me to investigate.

Don