• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Airbus A350 XWB

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Today, I don't use any 3D software, because when I try it (GMAX), I understand nothing ! :banghead:

But I will try Blender if you think that it is more easy than Gmax. Is Blender can export to FSX model format ? If you have links to blender tutorial, designed for FSX, it will be great.

Thanks

Francois

Well I found Gmax rather difficult aswell. Yes Blender can export to FSX, capt_x made a toolset for it. it can be found here (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/blender-to-fsx-toolset.428090/)

Good tutorials, well the basics of blender can be learned through this tutorial series I think (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLda3VoSoc_TR7X7wfblBGiRz-bvhKpGkS/) and once you can model with Blender I recommend Krispy1001's tutorial series on how to model FSX aircraft in Blender, which can be found here (https://www.youtube.com/user/kpgamemods/videos). I hope that help, have fun! :) And if you have a question feel free to ask ;)

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
...I will try Blender if you think that it is more easy than Gmax.

Oh boy. Learning 3D modelling is a big job, whichever software you try. Pick one and stick with it, but use the help files especially any tutorials supplied with it to learn the basics. Gmax (and 3ds Max) have tutorials included with the Help files. Blender tutorials are at blender.org. YouTube has umpteen videos for all three.

Rome was not built in a day.

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Oh boy. Learning 3D modelling is a big job, whichever software you try. Pick one and stick with it, but use the help files especially any tutorials supplied with it to learn the basics. Gmax (and 3ds Max) have tutorials included with the Help files. Blender tutorials are at blender.org. YouTube has umpteen videos for all three.

Rome was not built in a day.

So it is! It took me four years playing with Blender to feel somewhat confident to even start an FSX project. And I'm not yet at the level I want myself to be at. :duck:
Using Blender doesn't mean you can do things that can't be done in Gmax. Eventually, our restriction is still ... FSX :confused:
The global differences between CG tools (if you use them for 3D modelling purposes), are almost only based on workflow.

Don't let this withdraw from your decision though. ;)

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I've now had about 7 months of blender experience, and I still learn to overcome things every day... If I model a new plane todya the process would be clearner and faster then I would've done just a few months ago... Yes I know I jumped for FSX really quick, but I had nothing else to model....

Paul Domingue

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I have been using Max for over eleven years and rarely a day goes by that I don't have to look something up in the manual. If I had to guess I would say I have mastered 45% of the software at most and maybe not that much.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I have been using Max for over eleven years and rarely a day goes by that I don't have to look something up in the manual. If I had to guess I would say I have mastered 45% of the software at most and maybe not that much.

For the life of me I didn't understand GMax and 3DS Max.... But I've got 7 months of Blender and About a year of Gmax and 3DS Max but I've not yet learned a whole lot... Just the basics really, and ofcourse I learn by doing ;)

Paul Domingue

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Well we have to consider that Blender and Max are designed to do so much more than just build aircraft for FSX. While I have played with other features in Max, that is not where my interests are.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I've recently actually been looking at the video feauture of Blender for VFX ;) it's all brilliant, you got to love Blender sometimes :)

Paul Domingue

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Super Fly, ;)

I like your banner and it makes me want to make one but I'm not sure what I want.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Super Fly, ;)

I like your banner and it makes me want to make one but I'm not sure what I want.

Thanks,
I'd say make a nice render with an aircraft you made and style it to the appropriate timeframe (E.G. WW2 waterplane on a rendered ocean, perhaps some effect on the prop and give it a 1940s-film effect). I didn't take a lot of effort on the banner though...

Last edited:

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I absolutely love the look of this project so far ! very accurate

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thanks! I'm now gonna start with some VC works because I just feel like doing that ;)