• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Which 3D / Animation software should I use?

Country
spain
I´m a very ambicious guy and I want to know which of the following software is the best in learning curve, real time animations etc.., uv map and bakes, render, modelling etc.. for FSX and P3D v2/3 airport and scenery design.
Cinema 4D r17
Autodesk 3DS Max 2016
or
Autodesk Maya 2016
Which one is the best, your experience with them if you can and why? also where do I can find the sdk in fsx se and p3d for these software as I´m new into this. Also the sdk come with custom plugins and layout or not? Thanks you!

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As far as I know, at the moment there is no exporter for any of these programs. If you can get access to 3ds Max 2015 you'll be good to go with the P3D SDKs.

Country
us-washington
This might be a Johnny-come-lately post, but if you are looking for a program (tool) to learn how to do animations quickly and easily then I recommend FSDS from Abacus.
3DSMax is great but expensive (unless you can get the student version) and difficult and lengthy to learn. This goes for GMax, it's little brother. (It is a fine tool.... many like it because it is free.)

Don't get me wrong... Gmax is a fine tool. I tried a tutorial that came with it. I was doing fine (intricate but learning); suddenly I couldn't figure out some things... wondering why it was so hard to just do this one thing or that one thing.
I finally bought
FSDS........................ in a day or two I was making stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....not great stuff, mind you, but I made great progress.... so much easier to use, understand, etc.

FSDS you can learn how to use very fast. I have used it for years and it has done 99.9% of everything I have wanted and tried to do. it is $59.95 but you can find sales now and then.