• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI never leaving Gate

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I've (maybe) got a fairly odd problem.

My AI consists exclusively of retro traffic, which I've imstalled entirely by hand.
I also use a few custom AFX files to have semicorrect terminal assignments.
The flight plans were either compiled with Don Grovestine's AI Flight Planner or converted for FSX withPeter van der Ween's AIFPC.

Now, what happens is that, regardless of airport visited, I see at best a commuter plane moving and a wee bit of GA traffic in the vicinity. The airliners do nothing.
I can use time compression to watch for any departures or arrivals for an hour or switch to another time of day. No change.

I've added more fuel trucks as I've read that a lack of fuelers can cause delays or idle airliners.

I've disabled any custom AFX to rule them out as the culprit. No change.

Either I'm an unlucky victim of the infamous "Fortress Hub" (lots of departures in a very narrow timeframe) or I've unfortunately picked the wrong times to watch my planes at ORD, LAX, JFK, etc...

In any case, some input would be appreciated.

Country
scotland
Hi Folks

Bjorn -
Run the SDK's Traffic Tools Explorer.

That'll list all the loaded AI,
detailing when they're due to next depart.

Following may be unrelated -

I'd had a similar experience recently using AIFP
where I'd overidden its checks.,
and the resulting traffic also wasn't departing when expected.

I'd collated the flightplan from a text file
derived from an excel spreadsheet.

During an erroneous "search and replace"
when creating this flightplan text file,
it'd assigned legs to days 8 through 16.

Just guessing -
Having over-ridden AIFPs checks,
the SDK's compiler had accepted these days as valid,
considering them vessel traffic,
which permit 8 week duration "flightplans".

HTH
ATB
Paul

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Run the SDK's Traffic Tools Explorer.

That'll list all the loaded AI,
detailing when they're due to next depart.

That would be my next step.

I'd had a similar experience recently using AIFP
where I'd overidden its checks.,
and the resulting traffic also wasn't departing when expected.

I'd collated the flightplan from a text file
derived from an excel spreadsheet.

During an erroneous "search and replace"
when creating this flightplan text file,
it'd assigned legs to days 8 through 16.

Well, this is affecting 200+ airlines of which at least five to ten are active at all times. 200+ "bad" flightplans just aren't statistically possible. At least from the "raw data" point of view, as they used to work perceivably fine in FS9.

hcornea

Resource contributor
Country
australia
From memory you can also schedule a flight to depart using the Tools (say for 1 minutes time)

Then watch what effect this has.

Might help to nail the source of the problem.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Well, messing about with the traffic toolbox, the source might simply be too high expectations. Most of the lazy buggers at the airlines seem to work a five-day week. At best.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Yes, weekends can get quiet at certain airports. Where did you get this traffic?

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
At RetroAI.

As a general H/U, the issue is resolved. I've simply converted the FS9 .bgls anew with this tool (instead of AIFPC) and my airports aren't dead anymore.
Instead of showing 270+ flights on a saturday (of which 95% are "sleeping" at the gate), Traffic Explorer now lists 250+ flights in all kinds of states as well as proper departure times.

Thanks for the input, people!

Country
hungary
Hy Heretic,

The most tipical cause of "no departing" AI is an afcad problem:
Departure runway number and/or suffix (L/C/R) is mismatching with black runway line name.
Open your airport with Airport designer, and check this.
Or test your AI traffic with the default airport.
When I experiencing no departure, the cause is always this.
good luck

Country
us-kentucky
I would like to add that I'm experiencing this issue in FS9, utilizing Ultimate Traffic 1 to get some lovely early 2000's aesthetic going on :rolleyes:

The compile with ultimate traffic goes fine, and most days everything in FS9 seems to work great. But some days I will load up the sim, and no matter what airport I go to and no matter the date or time, all of the departure gates are full and no departures (or maybe just one or two) happen. A few come in to land and disappear because no gates are open. Selecting another flight from the Select a Flight menu seems to be the only way to resolve the issue, the traffic loads correctly and all depart and land just fine. I've tried recompiling in all manner of ways, setting Antivirus off when compiling, completely reinstalling UT, checking for and removing duplicate AFCADs, but the issue still plagues me. The weirder thing is, it does not happen all the time. I cannot always replicate the situation, the issue just pops up sometimes and I can't seem to resolve it when it does, outside of selecting a new flight. I've never had this issue before and aside of installing a few sceneries and adding custom models to the UT traffic, I have changed nothing.

Any ideas?

Chris

EDIT: Loading a saved flight that was saved with working AI Traffic, results in working AI traffic. This leads me to believe it has something to do with the default flight being corrupt. I replaced it, but nothing changed. Loading a non-saved flight results in broken AI.

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Try loading the MS default flight (Cessna at Sea Tac), then go to that airport. If the traffic is OK, save that as a default flight, but don't overwrite the MS default flight!