• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Leicestershire Aeroclub

Thanks guys! ok I tried doing what Hcornea said... this is my result...

prev-2.jpg

The one on the right has the photo texture... which one looks better?

Regards

I prefer the left one and I think we have the same technique!
Let me guess:

Textures in Photoshop with shadow effects etc
Render to texture in 3dsMax?

Keep it up, I like it! :)

Thanks buddy.

Yes I make my textures in photoshop, using real pictures as a reference... I do not add any shadows in my texture, I let the Render To Texture feature do all that stuff.

Thanks

Hcornea this just makes me want to give my project up! and start again in FSX which I just might have to do after I finish the FS9 version. However, I still dont think I could get anywhere close to the quality as your add-ons!

Hcornea this just makes me want to give my project up! and start again in FSX which I just might have to do after I finish the FS9 version. However, I still dont think I could get anywhere close to the quality as your add-ons!

When I see addons like Orbx it makes me want to give up entirely! Lol

Just another preview shot.

This time it is the NFE shed (Night Flyign Equipment) located at the center of the car park.

prev-3.jpg

Regards

P.S - This IS FS9

A quick update.

Yesterday I was speaking to Kevin who is taking a part in my scenery project.

We was sprucing up the go-kart track which is near leicester aeroclub and I decided to make a go-kart... this was because after checking the tyres around the track, I was racing around their in a Cessna 182, then I started having fun and doing time trials... I still need to get used to that hairpin at the far end!!

Anyhow, we took it a step further and I decided to model a go-kart. This will be included in the scenery and will have many different textures for it and also an easy template so users can put on their own designs and numbers etc.

What we plan to do with this is... (enjoy ;) )
When the scenery is released, we are planning to host multiplayer sessions where our customers will do X amounts of laps whilst being timed, and the person/customer that gets the best time, will get his/her money back on that day :) sounds cool huh? eh, here's the go-kart which is not properly textured yet.

kart.jpg

Also, I have posted a problem in the aircraft section which I need big help with, this can be viewed here

Regards!

Tower.jpg

This is the re-modelled control tower at leicestershire aeroclub.

Very detailed, but I see no frame rate hit what so ever.

There are just a few things I need to add, which is just lights.

I have a question, I do not want to use the Unwrap UVW tool since when this model is unwrapped for texturing, it looks so difficult and small and would be low in quality. So i will be adding seperate textures to seperate polys, however, how would I add night textures using this method where the lights are placed?

Thanks! hope you like it :)

Darren,

It would be simplest to create a "Multi-Material" and use as many 1024x1024 texture sheets as you think you'll need.

Since you're modeling in Max, why not create a 4096x4096 texture, then use the UVW Unwrap, UVW Editor to pack the polys for you. Then you can easily rearrange things as you wish to use 2, 3 or even 4 1024^2 texture sheets, then assign MatIDs to those polys that will be on each sheet.

Or, as you said you can simply select a bunch of polys, assign MatIDs to them, then UVW Map/UVW Edit by hand.

Thanks for the suggestion, Bill.

However, I decided to split the tower up into 4 different parts.

Easy UVW templates to work with now :)

BTW; those of you who are questioning yourself about how this high detailed control tower affects frames, honestly...it does not fuss frames what so ever.

My computer isnt a high-end computer either, 512mb graphics card and 2gb ram with 2.4ghz processer.

Regards - textures shot will be coming soon!

Here is an update of the Garden that is at EGBG.

Just a quick note, I got in touch with Gary Summons on his forums asking about lights and what he thinks to my scenery work so far, sounds very very good.

Here:
gardenprev.jpg

A quick note on the orange and black sign, no matter how close up to it on the sim you get, it is EXTREMELY sharp, no blur AT ALL, so I may (from now on) use that texturing method to get that quality of textures.

Regards

Back