• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Placing only a NDB

Country
germany
Hi all,

I ask my self how can I place a NDB in my scenery. I placed some objects with Instant Scenery (small cabins in Alaska) there are hard to find even for us bush pilots.
But I won´t create an AFCAD file in like airport runway etc because most of them are located in mountains an rough terrain where no plane can land.

I wouldn´t choose the location from the flight menu inside FS only a navaid like a NDB should be shown in the GPS.

I saw this in an other addon looked through the folders but can´t imagine where the NDB would hide :)

If I use AFCAD alltime you can choose the "airport" in the flight menu.

Tabbi

You could hand code one in XML and then compile it to a small bgl file

Like Jon said code it in XML and run the xml over the BGLComp Compiler.exe file to get a bgl.

This is all you need

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<FSData
version="9.0"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">
<Ndb
lat="41.7794444784522"
lon="-82.6700001955032"
alt="189.28M"
type="H"
frequency="0283.00"
range="75.02N"
magvar="7"
region="CY"
ident="PT"
name="PELEE ISLAND" >
</Ndb>
</FSData>

Set your Lat/Lon to where you want it

Set altitude to ground elevation

give it a freq of your choice

Set type and range in N which is NM

What Region you are in and a ident/name of your choosing.

Thank you both.
Yesterday I can´t sleep very well without solving this problem :D so at 2.30am I stand up and tried a little bit around with SceneGenX and it works great.

And now I could handcode too,merci.

Anohter question: What´s the meaning of the different types of the NDB (H,HH;....) I used Compass Point works fine for me.

But it would great to have the knowlegde of the types for further using (and understanding what I´m doing).

As I said: Many thanks

Type of NDB

Class of NBD Transmission Power Effective Range

Compass Locator below 25 watts 15 - 25 NM

MH below 50 watts 25 - 50 NM

H 50 to 1,999 watts 50 - 75 NM

HH 2,000+ watts 75 - 125 NM

if you used a Type Compass Locator in FS9/FSX you have to be withinn 25 NM to read the NDB swing needle

Last edited:
Back