• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Laughlin AFB WIP

Country
unitedstates
Hi all,

I've been working on this project for, well, too long now! (as usual, work and numerous other projects slowed progress...)

I've finally got it to a point where I'd like to share with you all. It is still WIP, but the end is definitely in sight. Of course, this scenery would be nowhere without the great community here at FSDeveloper!

Thanks for looking. :)

cheers, Z

P.S. - I am making this in part for my military VA. We are a new group (relatively), started by current and former air force/navy guys (and some regular folks). (website is www.usafvirtual.org if you are curious.)

DLF_WIP01.jpg

DLF_WIP02.jpg

DLF_WIP03.jpg

DLF_WIP04.jpg

DLF_WIP05.jpg

DLF_WIP06.jpg

DLF_WIP07.jpg

DLF_WIP08.jpg

DLF_WIP09.jpg

DLF_WIP16.jpg

DLF_WIP19.jpg

DLF_WIP22.jpg

DLF_WIP23.jpg

DLF_WIP25.jpg

Last edited:
Three words: WOW WOW WOW. That is all.

And whoever decides to do Robbins AFB gets a plate of freshly baked cookies.

Absolutely beautiful!
Is that the Milviz T-38A in the screenshots?
If so, will you be tagging assigned parking using the ATC parking code: T38?
Will this be available to the "Great Unwashed?"

Thanks guys! Those are kind words indeed, coming from you three.

Jim - I saw your pics of Sheppard over at SOH, it looks great! Had a chuckle that we both built the same tower. I recognize quite a few of the buildings there just by the footprint, as they are exactly the same construction as at Laughlin (the T-6 COMBS building, for instance.) I don't envy you one bit, Sheppard is a HUGE base!

Fr. Bill - That is the FSD T-38 in the shots. However, I have had the scenery in FSX with the milviz T-38 (brilliant work on that, by the way...) and I have every intention of coding the FSX version for the milviz AI bird. ...and yes, it will be made available for everyone. :D

cheers!

Fr. Bill - That is the FSD T-38 in the shots. However, I have had the scenery in FSX with the milviz T-38 (brilliant work on that, by the way...) and I have every intention of coding the FSX version for the milviz AI bird. ...and yes, it will be made available for everyone. :D

cheers!

Since the T-38A AI package is available for free, adding a ton of T-38A's flying around between active bases is a blast, especially the six flight of Thunderbirds... :)

Welcome!
In our first ever freeware release, we now offer you the Milviz T-38A AI package. This contains a bunch of T-38A's doing... T-38A stuff... and a lot of airbases with AI traffic. It also is specific to the era in that those airbases that had A's are now existing with them!

All in all, pretty cool! And, did we mention, FREE

http://www.milviz.com/Northrop/MilViz_T-38A_v1.AI.110710.zip

I have at least 15 at Sheppard at most times.:) ...and yes, I've already modelled and placed 125 buildings and have at least another dozen to model.

Attachments

• t38pkg2.jpg
    t38pkg2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 767
  • t38pkg3.jpg
    t38pkg3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 828
  • t38pkg.jpg
    t38pkg.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,369
Last edited:
bumping for KDLF

I am interested in building some missions for this base -- really impressed with this scenery, great work. Are you still planning to release it?

Yeah, right next to the Golden Nugget. It's a "stealth" AFB...:D

Otherwise, you could look for it down along the Texas/Mexico border on the way to Laredo.

Hey, this looks really good, I'm currently a UPT trainee at Laughlin and have been playing around in FSX in the IRIS T6, this would be cool to add. Is it available for download somewhere? Thanks, J.D.

Back