• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SHOF - our final year on the Net?.

Celebrating our 12th and perhaps, our final year on the Net?.

For more than twelve years, I have been making the Scenery Hall of Fame available as a free service, in support of ideals that in some ways seem to be becoming increasingly irrelevant in the Internet of the new millennium.

At some point, realism has to intrude into every idealistic dream, and the reality is that the Scenery Hall of Fame has become an expensive creation to maintain: I buy hardware and software, pay for electricity and communications and invest countless man-hours - all the things for which any regular business budgets week by week. My only source of income is my day job; in short, all Website related expenses are out-of-pocket.

I've always tried to avoid asking my users for support - I've done it a couple of times, but it's not something I like doing. At this point, however, I am faced with a clear need to find out whether or not the Scenery Hall of Fame is still the useful, necessary alternative I have always tried to provide, or whether it is reaching the end of its useful life and is no longer required. To do this, I'm asking you to help me if you can by making a donation, (please see Website) to help us defray operating cost. Without your continued generous support, sadly, we will be forced to cease operations on January 1st 2009.

I really hate asking people to "vote with their pocketbooks", as it were, but at the moment, financial support is the kind most needed if the future of the Scenery Hall of Fame is to remain assured.

In an ideal world, I wouldn't have to sell the products at all - grants or other kinds of funding would allow me to do the work without having to rely on my users for support… But there are no grants and no funding, there is only you: in the end, the Scenery Hall of Fame exists to serve you, and you are the ones who determine whether or not it succeeds.

I think the new version of the Scenery Hall of Fame is the best version there's ever been - I'm quite happy to admit that I'm proud of it and that I think it's good work. I enjoy making it available and improving it, and I can't imagine what it would be like to live a life that didn't revolve around it any more... I'd much sooner not have to find out, so I hope you'll choose to help me keep things going for a long time yet.

In the event that our best efforts fail, If you’re interested in acquiring the SHOF Website and its archive and / or the www.scenery.org domain name, please see "Contact Us" above or below (on Website), or contact me directly at the e-mail address below.

Thank You

Tom Gregor, Sr.
Webmaster

Just to let y'all know that with Tom's permission we made a copy of the site last year. We are now looking at how best to make the site material available again.

First we need the permission of the authors of the material to re-host it so if you have a utility, tutorial or other material on www.scenery.org then perhaps you can email me - jon ATsdeveloper.com or jon AT scruffyduck.co.uk and let me know if you give permission for us to re-host your material.

Many thanks

Sad new indeed. As long as I am making FS addons scenery.org was always there to find most of the tools you needed.

But as Jon said, we are working on keeping the tools and tutorials hosted on scenery.org accessible from FSDeveloper.

Back