• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Suvarnabhumi Airport (VTBS armi_tic_FSX)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi,
I'd like to show some progress of VTBS armi_tic project in FSX version.
Like a new student, I have to learn a lot of lessons. Lot of new material options make scenery stunning indeed!

Bus Station

Busterminal.jpg

Control Tower

tower2.jpg

Thai Airline Building

ThaiBlds.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
So much fun with bump mapping. Thanks to the wiki from this web site.

Roof line will not be the same in FS9. Bump mapping makes it so real.
BumpMapping.jpg

Giant in the main terminal looks like the real one with bump mapping
Counter2.jpg

Tiles and roof of counter check in have bump mapping on. I need to adjust some specular power to the tile a bit, it seems like metal more than ceramic.
Counter1.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Excellent looking scenery, i'm quite envious! :)

A quick question, to those in the know:

In the process of adding Bump Mapping in FSX, are you creating any FPS Impact?

Cheers

Smiffy

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Excellent looking scenery, i'm quite envious! :)

A quick question, to those in the know:

In the process of adding Bump Mapping in FSX, are you creating any FPS Impact?

Cheers

Smiffy
Not really impact on the FPS. Actually I notice none. May be it depends on you hardware as well. I think the workload for this is your graphic card and nowadays one is more than capable doing this task.

hey man,

i gotta admit its a piece of work! not everything is done the way i'd like to see but all in all its a very nice start.

i like the control tower and the thai airline building. the photoreal textures make it quite interesting to look at.

what i would like you to take a look at is the reflections. i know its automatically like this in fsx but look at the buses and the roof you like so much. waaaay to shiny. the bus wouldn't reflect so much in real life.

btw, how does the framerate look like with that modeled terminal interior? have you tried it on an ordinary/not high end pc?

Country
australia
Very very nice!

Yes reflections are the first thing I noticed. These can be turned off (Base Specular) in the FSX Materials if you feel it's too powerful.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Very very nice!

Yes reflections are the first thing I noticed. These can be turned off (Base Specular) in the FSX Materials if you feel it's too powerful.

Thanks for the comment. I'm really new for FSX and the bus is among those early experiment. I'll do what you said.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Struggle form the transparency problem, I think I got one acceptable result now.

FinalGlass.jpg

The glass has some reflection from the real (not global environment) and tint a little bit to make green-blue reflexion. Some clouds can be seen.
Finally, after 3-4 days of moving around with all the setting in gmax.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I think I found the solution for my glass terminal now.
newglass-1.jpg

Emissive bloom has been used for the first time in my scenery. It is good that we don't need bgl light but need to turn on light bloom.
EmissiveBloom.jpg

Country
denmark
Hi man
Great work!
I would like to thank you for doing BKK!
It is long overdue for Asia to be represented in FSX. Some of the best flights are flown to and through Asia!

I am waiting eagerly for FTX to do Sydney so I can finally fly the kangeroo routes from Sydney to Europe.

Yours truly
Boaz

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi man

It is long overdue for Asia to be represented in FSX.

Yours truly
Boaz

I could not agree more with you. I know that this thread is not for describing something but I'd really to write something deep in my heart.

In my country, there is none of airport sceneries for FSX, neither payware nor freeware.

People heard about how badly perform FSX when it started and developers heard about 3dmax and other difficult setting in FSX, so both groups refused to used and develop sceneries.

It is too bad for FSX and Ace Studio.

After trying to convert my scenery to FSX, I think those who believe that way have to change their opinions about FSX and try to use and develop scenery for this. FSX is not that bad compare to todays' hardware and not too difficult to develop a good scenery. There are a lot of reading but not beyond your understanding. For other developers, I would recommend to jump in especially developers in Asia who don't speak English. FSX is not too hard.

Scenery is the key for the FS suscess. No addon, no way it will be popular. Like a very good X-plane, but few people flying that since no addon available.
The developer of the games cannot make the whole world by themselves, period!.

If there were more addon sceneries for FSX, it would have been much more acceptable.

Country
denmark
Let your words spread to the community.
Overland overcame their restriction and created Seoul Incheon for FSX as well. At it works SO well. Framerates are very high and that is with water effect on the runways and reflective metal roof on the main terminal.

I sincerely hope that they or someone else, will start making Tokyo Narita, it badly "needed".
Also I am sad to see that Neither Shanghai or Beijing are represented. Both are increasingly more busy in the real world.

G-d bless FTX for finally doing Australia, it was long overdue.

Perhaps Imaginesim will continue in asia after they finish Singapore Changi?`

Boaz.

Country
ireland
That traffic really is amazing Tic, for a while there I thought it was AES Lite from Aerosoft. I'm assuming the 1024 limit is no longer in fsx?

Would be great to have a tutorial done for this for fsx.

terry

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Traffic is not animation. It is FSX feature, just draw a line of freeway traffic you can get traffic by that. I knew about this but I forgot that when I move to FSX. But I think I cannot define the traffic line to be just only some type of cars instead of trucks

Just make a platform on the bridge in Gmax then the traffic will follow that platform nicely.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
S-builder X can do that but you need to set the width of the line correspond to the bridge width.