• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Google Earth blurry after new video card

Hi all,

I retired my 8500GT 256mb and now have a GT 240 1gb, but an odd thing happened. I have both the latest google earth installed, but I also have google earth 4.2, an older version, that I need for an app I own only works with the older version.

That being said, after changing to the new VGA the 4.2 version is blurred, while the 5 version is normal and while on 4.2, when I select "view in google maps", the image shows perfectly.

The settings config are the same on both and are untouched since I changed the vga, even though I tried playing around with them to see if there was a difference, since there wasn't I placed back my original settings.

Have a look at the images:

Google Earth 5:
ge5r.jpg

Google Maps:
ggmaps.jpg

And now the blurry Google Earth 4.2
blurry.jpg

Has anyone been through this? How can a VGA card change do this? Especially going from an older card to a newer and better card?

Kindly,

Blazer

Hi Blazer.

Check if the old version has the option to use either DirectX or OpenGL. Then switch the mode to see if that helps.

Dick

Hi,

It has the option, but it doesn't change anything. I've tried changing antialiasing and all other settings from within GE. This is so wierd.

OK. I note the sources at the bottom of the Google screens are different, and the 4.2 Google image seems to indicate the image is still streaming.

Maybe someone else with 4.2 could verify it has a crisp image.

Dick

I forgot to mention I have 4.2 also on my notebook, where I never upgraded to version 5, so here is the same image from there:

image3f.jpg

Needless to say I have tried the exact same settings from the notebook on the desktop.

I've also tried going from latest nvidia drivers to the older driver I used my my older vga card, using drive cleaner pro to remove all traces of drivers prior to install.

Hi,

Don't have any solution but I am glad :)rolleyes:) to try and complicate your problem in the sense that I did NOT change my video card and upgraded GE to the latest version resulting in new but blurrier/less detailed pictures than before in some areas (but not all of them).

Back