• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Evaluate these corrections

igr

Evaluate these images (corrections)

I have some textures sets. One is LOD15 and one is LOD16. The LOD15 set is very yellow color and more dark than LOD16 files. So I tried to apply some contrast / brightness change. I would like to know what do you think which terrain looks better before I will decide which contrast I will apply on scenery textures sets.

You can see the pictures. Please evaluate which pictures are the better. But do it separately, because LOD16 uses different level of correction than LOD15 textures.

I think you should view the images from back, the order if from the last to the fisrt. So click on last image and then click on previous to see it in this order:

First, here are originals:
LOD16vsLOD15 2.jpg, LOD16vsLOD15 3.jpg, LOD16vsLOD15 4.jpg

Next here is 1st level of change:
LOD16vsLOD15 2 contrast 1 on LOD15.jpg - LOD16 on left, LOD15 on right. Here the change is on right side on LOD15.
LOD16vsLOD15 2 contrast 1 on both.jpg - here the change is on both LODs
LOD16vsLOD15 3 contrast 1 on both.jpg - here the change is on both LODs

Next, here is 2nd level of change:
LOD16vsLOD15 3 contrast 2 menší.jpg - here the change is on both LODs

Next, here is 3nd level of change:
LOD16vsLOD15 3 contrast 3 menší.jpg - here the change is on both LODs

Just select one best image for LOD15 (darker) and one best for LOD16 (sunny). You cannt say e.g. "best image is image 'LOD16vsLOD15 2 contrast 1 on both.jpg' because you should select one image for LOD15 and one for LOD16". And one more thing. Please check all files for "contrast 1", "contrast 2" and "contrast 3", because you can see that "contrast 1" has more images of certain LOD. So if you will select one image for LOD16 from "contrast 1" as OK but another for LOD16 from "contrast 1" as bad quality, so you cannot select "contrast 1" as good for LOD16.

Thanks.

Attachments

• LOD16vsLOD15 3 contrast 2 menší.jpg
    LOD16vsLOD15 3 contrast 2 menší.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 462
  • LOD16vsLOD15 3 contrast 3 menší.jpg
    LOD16vsLOD15 3 contrast 3 menší.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 433
  • LOD16vsLOD15 3 contrast 1 on both.jpg
    LOD16vsLOD15 3 contrast 1 on both.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 479
  • LOD16vsLOD15 2 contrast 1 on both.jpg
    LOD16vsLOD15 2 contrast 1 on both.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 440
  • LOD16vsLOD15 2 contrast 1 on LOD15.jpg
    LOD16vsLOD15 2 contrast 1 on LOD15.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 402
  • LOD16vsLOD15 4.jpg
    LOD16vsLOD15 4.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 385
  • LOD16vsLOD15 3.jpg
    LOD16vsLOD15 3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 421
  • LOD16vsLOD15 2.jpg
    LOD16vsLOD15 2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Folks, is it so hard? I just wanted to read your opinion which image is by your opinion the "too much light" or "too much dark" or just which one you think is the best. I think I know what contrast I will use, but wanted to have some feedback before I would do some decision which could not be the best one...

Hi,

Which image looks best will probably have a lot of personal preference in it as well. We had similar discussions in our scenery design team years ago and not every developer liked the same version. A factor is also that different monitors might show the results differently. So in the end I think you should just choose what you feel looks best.

Personally I think the 3rd image you are showing looks best.

OK, thanks. It is "LOD16vsLOD15 3 contrast 1 on both.jpg" - the lowest contrast level.

Last edited:
Back