• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 EDAH - Heringsdorf Regional Airport

Country
us-newmexico
Great work! Your textures are extremely well done.

Did you do your Ground Poly in Sketchup as well?

Country
germany
@MikeD096: Yep, all ground polys are made with SU. I have one single SU file with everything in it, structured by layers.

edahsketchup.jpg

Country
us-newmexico
Looks amazing! Interesting that you are doing the trees and cars in Sketchup as well vs using library objects. :scratchch They look really good!

Country
germany
...time to work on the corporate design :D

edahtitle.jpg

...the try&error session on how to get 3D grass in the scenery finally ended up - almost - successful.

edahplants2.jpg

edahplants.jpg

Cheers Volker

Country
germany
Progress so far:
- Managed to implement approach and runway lights via SCASM
- Understood the concept of Sbuilder and finished a first version of a FS9 landclass for the airport area
- Managed to get the first correct photoground-matching airport file out of ADE
- added further object details to the scenery

Remaining Tasks:
- vehicles animation for the surrounding roads
- creating the (many) season textures

Conclusion so far:
- Scenery creating really makes fun :D

imageezpa.jpg

imagepjv.jpg

imagesxlw.jpg

imagethh.jpg

imagegjs.jpg

Last edited:
Country
germany
Something that I think is very important for the immersion in the sim is a plausible rendition of forests, especially in the airport area.
To my surprise the 980 tree objects don't have any remarkable impact on framerate.

teaserscreensmrz2.jpg

teaserscreensmrz1.jpg

teaserscreensmrz3.jpg

---
This is a movie made in an earlier stage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Tamajyaas

Cheers Volker

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
We'll see about the framerate impact once I can test the scenery on my laptop... :D

Nice and dense forest though, albeit looking a bit strange when otherwise surrounded by the rather sparse default autogen. :)

Country
germany
If I could I would cover the whole sim world with dense forest scenery. But this would be a 23 years project until finished :) If only we had the MS Flight engine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Last edited:
Country
germany
Hello pilots,

the modeling and texturing tasks of my project are almost done. ADE and landclass files are nearly complete.

A release within may is most likely :)

I'd like to make a beta test before giving the scenery to the community. If you are interested please sent me a pm. Scenery will be ready for testing in approx. 2 weeks from now.

Please keep in mind...this is a FS9 Scenery :greenflag

Thanks!!
Bye Volker

teaserscreens1.jpg

teaserscreens2.jpg

teaserscreens3.jpg

teaserscreens4.jpg

Country
germany
Sieht sehr gut gelungen aus, war letzten Sommer 2x oben...
Ok, hört sich jetzt ein bischen vermessen an, aber wie schwierig ist eine Weiterportierung nach FSX?
Ich bin tatsächlich gerade erst auf dieses Forum hier gestossen, weil ich die Plätze im Osten so dermassen unterrepräsentiert finde. Leider fehlt mir jedoch jedes vorwissen bezüglich Scenerydesign... Würd Dich gerne mal via TeamSpeak oder so kontaktieren...

Weiter in dem Stiel!

Grüße,
Max

Country
germany
Hallo,

zum Thema Portierung zum FSX. Es ist nicht ganz so einfach. In diesem Fall müssten viele Objekte komplett neu für den FSX erstellt und texturiert werden. Viele Texturen hier besitzen eine Transparenz,mit denen der FSX nicht arbeitet. D.h. sie werden dann fehlerhaft dargestellt. Grundsätzlich kann man immer eine Anpassung an den FSX machen. Das hab ich z.B. auch bei der Heringsdorf 2012 Szenerie gemacht. Man muss dann eben nur damit leben dass einige Objekte eben entfernt werden müssen oder falsch dargestellt werden. Ein kompletter "Neuaufbau" ist sehr aufwendig.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Das Mesh der 3D-Modelle kann bleiben wie es ist. Das einzige, das neu gemacht werden muss sind die Materials. Sofern keine Transparenzen involviert sind, ist das auch nur eine Sache von ein paar Klicks. Bei Transparenzen muss man noch etwas mit den Z-Bias-Werten spielen, aber das ist auch keine sonderliche Magie.

Sofern der ganze Airport schon im FS9 an der richtigen Stelle ist (die mesiten Airports sind verschoben) und jedes Objekt schon eine GUID zugewiesen bekommen hat, ist das "Umbauen" zum FSX-Standard reines Copy+Paste.
Noch besser ist es, wenn die Objekte in ADE platziert wurden. Dann kann man einfach für den FSX exportieren.

Country
netherlands
I had the change to test this scenery in the Alpha phase. Stunning scenery to see! I used different aircraft for the test, although some of them will never fly to EDAH:p

Carenado Bonanza
EDAH_01.jpg

EDAH_02.jpg

iFly 737 (B737-700 Thomson)
EDAH_06.jpg

EDAH_04.jpg

Great job Volker!;)

Country
germany
A couple of FSDeveloper members kindly tested the scenery in the current state. No performance/stuttering issues or addon incompatibilities were reported on the different systems. Great!

Texturing turnes out to be the most time consuming task in the project. It took me a couple of hours to create the textures of these old russian barracks.

teaserscreensm3.jpg

teaserscreensm1.jpg

teaserscreensm2.jpg

Only four buildings left to texture :D

Cheers Volker

@Betatesters: You'll get the next build when the seasons textures are ready.