• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

[FSX] I have a question

Country
spain
hi guys, we are developing a new airport, the question is:
You can do this in FSX?
FS2004
capturaFORO.jpg

the results in FSX I get are not working

capturaFORO-FSX.jpg

I tested with FSX material and there is no way, if anyone can help me with this problem
thanks in advance
sorry my bad English

A

Aviasim

hi guys, we are developing a new airport, the question is:
You can do this in FSX?
FS2004
capturaFORO.jpg

the results in FSX I get are not working

capturaFORO-FSX.jpg

I tested with FSX material and there is no way, if anyone can help me with this problem
thanks in advance
sorry my bad English

Easy.

First difference is that you are viewing the FS2004 version at night, and viewing the FSX version in the day, so I would suggest you have only a _LM texture, you will need to make a fully transparent daytime texture "lightglow.bmp" with a black alpha channel, then the night texture "lightglow_LM.bmp"

Country
finland
...you will need to make a fully transparent daytime texture "lightglow.bmp" with a black alpha channel, then the night texture "lightglow_LM.bmp"

Errr... The LM Texture is using the Diffuse Alpha.. Or am I wrong now?

Country
spain
the problem is not the night texture, is the day, it is impossible to make it transparent.
the only thing that comes close is putting the same alpha in day texture but looks the blue.
you can not have an alpha channel different in FSX?

image format DDS3 + alpha (show the alpha channel)
day texture
alfanegro.bmp

night texture
alfa-baseTAXI.bmp

day texture in slot difuse
night texture in slot self illuimination

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
In fsx you cannot use alpha channel in night texture. The game use only alpha channel from day-texture.

Country
spain
thanks for the replies, I understand then that this effect can not be done in FSX.
If you know any alternative that can replace these textures, or do you only see at night, do not know how to fix it

Maybe a dumb idea, but I'd try to make a model and place a conditional on its appearance (to only appear at night). The model would be a simple plane, with the desired gradient of blue to transparent. It would only have a "day" texture.

Country
spain
Hello Ake, I got the effect with a recipe of mine, don't ask me why this worked, I tried with other methods,but no luck, I'll attach the settings, I used two textures, day/night textures, the day texture full black with an alpha cannel full white, the night texure with alpha, the alpha is the same that the night texture, so the night texture must have black background, worked great because this was for a lightouse beam. Problably as said before the alpha night texture is not needed, don't know if this is working in the scenery and no sure if I tried without alpha, but this set up was what woked for me so I not touch nothing more.

Attachments

• Recipe for  lights.jpg
    Recipe for lights.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 499
  • nights light recipe 2.jpg
    nights light recipe 2.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 596
Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Please take a look at this thread: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273813
The setting in the material might help you.
Framebuffer Blend is the most of the most important setting.

Destination Blend= InvSrcAlpha (This means the object that is not in the area of alpha will be the destination. So everything behind this material will be blended.)
Source Blend = SrcColor (This means what is black in the texture will be trasparent, not blend. Where the texture is in color will be blend to the object behind this materal.)

No shadow
No base material specular

You don't need alpha channel in your texture at all. Don't do any alpha channel. This setting will use your color as alpha channel.

It works for me. You need a separate sheet of texture for just light glow.

I think Bernardo's setting will work too.

Country
spain
Yes, I followed this thread and others, was helpfull to konw about this things, really, but nothing worked for me, so I come to this conclusion, about the alphachannel I think it was the key to this set up worked , really. anyway I did't do any test afterwards, all this took me a lot of time.

Last edited:
Country
spain
first of all thanks for the answers
jtanabodee: your post is very interesting and proves it easy has lots of information
Tejal Bernardo: i have tried your settings and work perfectly
anyway keep trying to get better results in the most simple as possible, I will inform :)
the secret is in the FSX materials