• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX EGAC Belfast City Airport

Hello all,
I have posted no updates for the past few weeks as due to real world commitments, i had to give the modelling a rest for a while.

However, im happy to announce that i have returned to modelling EGAC in the past few days.

I have no updated images this week but i should have some new screenshots for you by next weekend.
;)

Hi Shamrock

I hope you had sometime to yourself :)

Any updates to show in the near future?

It would be great if it was ready when Orbx release Northern Ireland :)

Cheers

Joe

Last edited:
Hi Shamrock

I hope you had sometime to yourself :)

Any updates to show in the near future?

It would be great if it was ready when Orbx release Northern Ireland :)

Cheers

Joe

Sorry for the lack of updates in recent weeks but i have been extremely busy with other commitments :eek:

I have started working on the project again in the past few days and i will post an update shortly showing some screenshots.

Hopefully everything will be ready by June/July (not a gauranteed release date but if all things run smoothly it should be released around then). Im not sure when Orbx are releasing their scenery so we will wait and see... ;)

Some updated screenshots. Enjoy.... :D

d_zpse330ef9b.jpg

c_zps400d6be5.jpg

b_zpsb637fbf7.jpg

And finally an overview of the airport. As you can see their is still alot of work to be done!
a_zps5567bf9a.jpg

This week, I have been working on the Holywood exchange retail park to the south of the airport and i have started modelling the bombardier factory also. Please note that trees will be added to the scenery before it is released (i know the scenery looks a bit 'empty' without them)

7_zpsd9c1b0e5.jpg

6_zps2f6b7286.jpg

5-2_zpsdd33b18a.jpg

4-2_zps8963a5b7.jpg

3-3_zps5d6eed59.jpg

2-4_zpsbc871c5d.jpg

1-4_zps2733282c.jpg

Hi Shamrock

Is June release still on the cards?

Cheers :)

Hello everyone! :)

Release will probobly not be until mid to early july unfortunetly - sorry for the delay :eek:

between exams and a broken hand (long story!!) my ability to work at the project during the last few weeks has been severly limited. But dont worry this project is'nt dead - it will be completed!

As outlined already, progress has been slow lately but here are a few shots to show how development is going.... :)

I have now completed 99% (still have to get a few more textures) of the buildings to the north of the airport. Photoreal textures have been used for most buildings which makes it very realistic looking.
I have also updated the large oil contaiers/silos and they now have photoreal textures too instead of the generic texture seen here. They look much better now :)
3-3_zps82afc3e5.jpg

2-4_zps5c55e0e3.jpg

This looks fantastic and I am looking forward to it! It will work especially well with Orbx Northern Ireland, a few Aer Lingus flights to Heathrow.

In the past week i have been focusing on making the scenery as performance friendly as possible by minimising drawcalls and improving the FPS. :)

Next on my to do list is the H&W cranes and shipyard ;)

screenshot1_zpsc7423021.png

Fabulous work Shamrock!! I'm really looking forward to this airport. Congratulations on what looks like a very high quality scenery :) :)

In the past week i have been focusing on making the scenery as performance friendly as possible by minimising drawcalls and improving the FPS. :)

Next on my to do list is the H&W cranes and shipyard ;)

screenshot1_zpsc7423021.png

Great work, looks fantastic with great detail. Would there be any chance of a few shots of terminal?? Looking forward to the release :)

shamrock122 are you still going to do a fs9 release as well :rolleyes:
as i'm really Looking forward to my hands on it and flying in and out of belfast city airport.

Cool!

Just found this and as I'm Irish, I'm really glad to see both that this is in the works and that it's looking so very promising, keep up the good work Sir!

Back