• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AIFPC – AI Flight Plan Compiler/Decompiler for FS9 and FSX RC1

Country
us-wisconsin
Not Sure

Hi Guys And Gals.
Not sure if you ment me or Emile, but here is the file.

This file was compiled using AIFPC from the "Flightplans_EVAI_Su07_AllegiantAir.txt" file I found on Avsim. Like I said works great if I compile with TTools, but when I use AIFPC. FSX says can't read file and exits. I have to shut down FSX.exe 32 manually tho.
Also file Compiles with no errors using AIFPC.
AFIPC.exe file date is June,18,2007

Attachments

• Traffic_EVAI_Su07_AllegiantAir.bgl
    132.3 KB · Views: 856
Country
netherlands
Thanks Peter

I can work with that

I did notice if I convert to FSX with @ present in FS9 FP's then on a convert/decompile back to FS9 @ was still present so I assumed you kept everything as is on the front side.

I was confirming the @ was not getting flushed out when going from FS9 to FSX when using AIFPC.

Yep, the @ is not removed with compile/decompile runs

Country
us-wisconsin
Here are the .txt files.

Attachments

• Aircraft_EVAI_Su07_AllegiantAir.txt
    231 bytes · Views: 693
  • Airports_EVAI_Su07_AllegiantAir.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 972
  • Flightplans_EVAI_Su07_AllegiantAir.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 811

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Peter, I've noticed a little idiosyncrasy with the latest version of AIFPC. That is, after starting AIFPC, the first couple of times one sets the Output Path, upon clicking on "Compile", the the output path window is cleared and the output is directed to the root folder of the logical disk on which AIFPC resides. After a couple of attempts, the problem seems to correct itself and everything is OK therefater.

EDIT: It seems that if the "Flightplan file/Traffic BGL file" entry if made just before the "Compile" button is clicked, the "Output path" entry is not cleared.

Don

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
Peter, I've noticed a little idiosyncrasy with the latest version of AIFPC. That is, after starting AIFPC, the first couple of times one sets the Output Path, upon clicking on "Compile", the the output path window is cleared and the output is directed to the root folder of the logical disk on which AIFPC resides. After a couple of attempts, the problem seems to correct itself and everything is OK therefater.

EDIT: It seems that if the "Flightplan file/Traffic BGL file" entry if made just before the "Compile" button is clicked, the "Output path" entry is not cleared.

Don

Mmmm How did you set the output path?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Peter, I set the output path using the browse button to the right of the output path entry box. I also tried setting it using the drop-down capability of that box, but didn't make any difference. Incidentally, the drop-down list records the blank entries.

Regarding my edit to my previous e-mail, I was a bit hasty. Setting the input window first doesn't always sidestep the problem.

Don

Peter

What OS did you use in the develpment of AIFPC?

Just wondering if I should run my new Area-51 ALX computer shipped with Vista 32 in a AIFPC XP2 compatibility mode. I received a BOD but also had Yroute and AITM running at the same time.

I traced the BOD back to Yroute which is not compatible with Vista/FSX. Lost my FSX activation entry in the registry along with FS9/AFCAD entries. The 1722/1603 error MSN patch wasn't much help in this case. Thank goodness for current Reg.reg backups and Vista restore points which I am a firm believer in. Still waiting for Norton to get GoBack working for Vista.

Country
netherlands
Jim

My developer PC is running XP SP2.
Strange, because AIFPC only need .NET 2.0 to be installed, so it should run on Vista without porblems. I will do some test on my Vista PC.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Peter, another minor problem still exists in AIFPC. That is, the conversion from FS9 days to FSX appears to be backwards. For example, if, in a weekly flightplan, the day of operation is specified as 1 (Monday in FS9), in FSX the aircraft operates on Wednesday (i.e., day 2); it should operate on FSX day 0.

Don

Peter

I have no problems with AIFPC and Vista 32. My version of Vista shipped with .NET 1.2, 2.0 and 3.0 installed.

The BOD was a Yroute problem but was just curious about the OS/.net used during the design of AIFPC.

Country
netherlands
Peter, another minor problem still exists in AIFPC. That is, the conversion from FS9 days to FSX appears to be backwards. For example, if, in a weekly flightplan, the day of operation is specified as 1 (Monday in FS9), in FSX the aircraft operates on Wednesday (i.e., day 2); it should operate on FSX day 0.

Don

OMG :eek: did i add a day in stead of substracting? And you call that a minor problem?

TY DON!!!!!!!!!! Why nobody else mentioned it. :confused:

Country
scotland
Hi Folks

Peter -
I had noticed that my traffic didn't appear to be departing as per schedule,
I'd just put it down to FSX :eek:

A two day offset would explain it. :D

ATB
Paul

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Peter, perhaps others are more problem-tolerant than me.

Re the clearing output window, I have discovered that if I put the desired folder specification into the "lastoutput" value field in the .INI file and then start AIFPC, the output window is NOT cleared and things work as expected. However, if I attempt to specify the folder using the associate browse button, it is cleared upon clicking the "Compile" button sometimes two, sometimes three and, on occassion (I recall) four times before things "settle down".

If one always outputs to the same folder, once set up the problem probably wouldn't be experienced (because the last output folder specification is set up on entry to AIFPC.) This may explain why others haven't yet complained.

Have a great weekend,
Don

Country
netherlands
New version.

Corrected the days and the output folder problem.

If no problems arrive anymore i will release the first version soon on AVSIM.

Next to do is to made a .NET Assembly of it so people can incorporated it in their own programs.

Attachments

• AIFPC.zip
    318.5 KB · Views: 11,387
Country
netherlands
Hi Guys And Gals.
Not sure if you ment me or Emile, but here is the file.

This file was compiled using AIFPC from the "Flightplans_EVAI_Su07_AllegiantAir.txt" file I found on Avsim. Like I said works great if I compile with TTools, but when I use AIFPC. FSX says can't read file and exits. I have to shut down FSX.exe 32 manually tho.
Also file Compiles with no errors using AIFPC.
AFIPC.exe file date is June,18,2007

I cannot repeat the problem here.
Can you post a screenshot of the error?
To which airport you go? At which time?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Peter, I can confirm that the two problems I reported, i.e., output window and FSX day of week, no longer exist.
Thanks
Don