• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MMLP La paz, México new project

Hi!
I want to show you our new project in developement: La Paz int'l airport in Baja, Mexico.

A mid size airport (almost small size) located at baja's south.

This is a FSX native scenery, we are using lot of FSX shaders.

We would like to hear from you, suggestions, comments, etc.

Thanks!

p001.jpg

p11.jpg

p14.jpg

p06.jpg

p16.jpg

p24.jpg

p18.jpg

p19.jpg

p20.jpg

It does certainly look like an FSX native ground work there! It looks you have managed the LOD structure of your ground models very well !?:D

Muy bueno, always the sceneries have some detail which is amazing, I like the interior of the building, always have thought of include the interior of the airports as you have done :), above all in small airports, and of course the amazing ground, great quality, really.

Last edited:
Suggestions ? :p

Here's one : maybe 1 or 2 static aircrafts, typical of this region. Not easy because you might have to pick them in a payware library but it really improves the local charm. Especially for those flying on networks and usually start their flight in a desert airport...
Dom

thx

Thanks for your comments, about static aircrafts maybe we can use static AI for Aerocalifornia's DC9s fleet wich is parked there and an old but emblematic DC3.

We are trying to design with a very high texture resolution and great model detail so it looks great on really close distances and of course, reflections and speculars every where :)

Here are some fresh shots.

p27.jpg

p28.jpg

p29.jpg

p31.jpg

Bajasim

Almost done!

Hi, thanks for your comments, here are some shots from our almost finished work.

p73.jpg

p60.jpg

p63.jpg

p62.jpg

p75.jpg

p39.jpg

p45.jpg

p54.jpg

p34.jpg

Bajasim

Wow man, I wish you could walk around airports with a small character and explore scenery like this.

I think I just wet myself... :eek:
That is some truly incredible detail! :eek:

LOOK AT THAT! I never saw anyone caring so much about detail that they would simulate the look of cellophane wrap on the boxes! :eek:
Believe me, the only thing lacking there are some low poly people characters, even if static positioned in key places like garden seats and inside the airport building, so it won't look like an awesome ghost town. :D But those are just my two cents.

nice work, spectacular, I wanted to ask you how where you able to do FSX native ground polygons.. until now I had thought that FSDT were the only people who could do this, but it appears they were wrong. because as we all now the FS2002SDK was the only method that did not have the flickering and other things.....

Don't you just hate it when developers don't reveal their secrets? I believe in a community that is open and honest ... not one full of pride about themselves and what they can/cannot do.

Don't you just hate it when developers don't reveal their secrets? I believe in a community that is open and honest ... not one full of pride about themselves and what they can/cannot do.

I hope the bajasim people could shed some light. They are indeed very talented, and hopefully they can tell us how did they manage to pull it off. Till now, I had thought it was impossible because of the flickering. and that layers were not available in the FSX code.

I hope the bajasim people could shed some light. They are indeed very talented, and hopefully they can tell us how did they manage to pull it off. Till now, I had thought it was impossible because of the flickering. and that layers were not available in the FSX code.

I'm absolutely sure they have their reasons and since the field of money is purely competition, you've got to strive to be the best or the other competition can get you.

You have to be a liar to succeed in a biz. I don't know if I can be a liar. lol

I'm absolutely sure they have their reasons and since the field of money is purely competition, you've got to strive to be the best or the other competition can get you.

You have to be a liar to succeed in a biz. I don't know if I can be a liar. lol

I can't see how someone else that does another airport of the tens of thousands in the world with the technique that bajasim is employing can be competition to them or can reduce their 'profits'. I am sure that the number of developers willing to compete against them doing MMLP and doing the same techiniques are somewhere near zero.
So no, I don't think they should be worried by competition by no means if they tell us how they managed to pull of something that no other developer (aside FSDT) has been able to. in fact FSDT does it thanks to their hack in the consumers system. It seems that bajasim did not need that hack, which is I think a major leap in the fs development community.
So please bajasim, share with us this, we assure you, you have got nothing to lose, in fact, many many people will be grateful, from developers to consumers in general and for the maximization of the FSX engine by us scenery developers.

Back