1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX A feature request

Discussion in 'Library Creator XML' started by lordofwings, 31/8/11.

1. lordofwings

lordofwings

panama
    When we create libraries we tell the library creator the MDL file we want to include. After compilation we place the library BGL file in the scenery folder but we must manually copy the textures.

As objects change over time the textures (or collection of textures) of a given object may vary.

My feature request would be that the library creator keep in a metafile the textures that an object included in the library requires. So it in addition to creating a GUID listing, it could also list the textures required by a given library object.

The feature is *not* for copying the textures to the texture folder, just to keep track of them so that the user is more aware of what he has to deploy when there are many objects in the library.

Anyway, just a suggestion. This tool has also been a life saver for me :)
  2. hcornea

hcornea Resource contributor

australia
    Modelconverter X can provide an object report which includes the textures required.

Usually, I export the textures at the same time as testing in the sim, so the build is cumulative.

All you need then is to package up your Scenery / Texture folder pair.
  3. lordofwings

lordofwings

panama
    I do the same but that works as long as you constantly do it. Leave it for a month or two and you no longer know much about the details, specially if working on multiple projects simultaneously.

I also try to use source/version control with my scenery since recent weeks to keep track of changes.
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

This feature is already on the wishlist for LibraryCreator XML. Let's see if I can include it in the next update.
  5. mmann

mmann

ca-britishcolumbia
    Hi Arno,

At one time you talked about integrating ModelConverterX and Library Creator XML. Is this still under consideration, or did you decide to permanently keep the two tools separate?
  6. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Mike,

That is still in my mind :). Not sure how to do it, but in the ideal world I would also include an updated ObPlacer XML in the combined application.