1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions.

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by Flyboy_6cm, 27/3/08.

1. Flyboy_6cm

Flyboy_6cm

us-michigan
    First off I would just like to say thanks for such a great product. I am new to the developing part of flight simulator and your program is a great help.

My first question: Now that I have modified the taxi and apron layouts, the default scenery doesn't match (duh:D). I was wondering if the are any freeware scenery editors as easy to use as ADE.

My second question: I have tried compiling the airport I was working on into the FSX Addon Scenery file but it wouldn't work. The box came up saying scenery compiled but when I looked, no file. So I tried compiling to a temp file and it worked, just had to drag and drop but it all worked fine. No real problem but I was just wondering if anyone had seen this before.
    Last edited: 27/3/08
  2. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    Hi Flyboy,

You are either working with Windows Vista and have installed FSX into the C:\Program Files structure, or you try to compile the file while FSX is running.

Vista is picky about letting processes write into system folders. The way around is to either do what you are already doing by compiling elsewhere and then manually copy the file, or to re-install FSX outside the C:\Program Files structure. Depending on how much energy you have put into the FSX configuration this may be no option now, but keep it in mind for the next installation.

As for your other question: the new version of ADE is soon to be release and will offer much more than the current one.

And if you are looking for a comfortable tool to place scenery objects, you might want to check out Flight1 Instant Scenery.
  3. Flyboy_6cm

Flyboy_6cm

us-michigan
    Thank you for the quick reply. You're right, I am running Windows Vista and I have FSX in the C:\program files directory.
  4. Flyboy_6cm

Flyboy_6cm

us-michigan
    I have a problem. I forgot that I had tried instant scenery before to no avail. It said that there was a critical error and shut down the program. I think this is because of Vista.

Are there any other worth-while programs for placing scenery objects?
  5. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    Instant scenery should be no problem in Vista. The main problem is that you have FSX in C:\Program files which has many security restrictions. Personally I would uninstall FSX and re-install to a different folder. If you can't (or don't wish) to do this, you need to set permissions to access the default folder.

George