1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A request from a friend...

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by khaos_56k, 19/7/08.

1. khaos_56k

khaos_56k

us-maryland
    About three years ago my faithful wingman asked if I could create a hangar for him at his local airport. I slapped together a quick-n-dirty hangar and although he was happy with it I wasn't.

Fast forward three years...

Inspired by the new "world headquarters" of Orange County Choppers (US custom motorcycle manufacturer) I developed a similarly shaped hangar for my friend. Although it's not 100% finished I wanted to share my progress with you.

Thank you VERY MUCH, once again, Arno and Dick for assisting me in dealing with the texture transparency issue I had. As you can see, the massive window worked!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Good or bad... all are encouraged.
  2. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    It looks amazing!

That's fantastic! The window looks great both night and day!
    I need to get building some hangers for my Coast Guard Station San Diego scenery but all of my time lately is spent getting ready to relocate... alas that is the price that must be paid to keep my domestic peace and harmony intact. :D

Great work!!
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Looking good Ken, I especially like the night textures :).
  4. khaos_56k

khaos_56k

us-maryland
    Thank you for your praise. Could not have come this far without all the help I've gotten from this community!
  5. lionheart

lionheart

us-arizona
    Man, Kahos,

Brilliant work on that hanger!

I am well impressed. I like the shading on the ground around the building and planter area's as well as the night lighting.

Excellent work.

Bill
  6. khaos_56k

khaos_56k

us-maryland
    Thanks Bill.

One of the major things I've learned in my years of scenery development is that textures can make or break a structure. I guess you can say texturing is bringing out the artist in me... LOL! I'm not near as good as many I've seen but I can say, with out a doubt, that every texture I use is created from scratch by me.