1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abacus "Scenery Shortcut"

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by solid, 8/5/07.

1. solid

solid

panama
    Has anyone used AbacusĀ“s "Scenery Shortcut" placer for SFX?????? is it ok?
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Personally I don't really see the purpose of this tool. The mission Object Placement tool can already save the XML file to be used with BGLComp for you, if you use the "Save scenery" button. So I don't see the added value of the Scenery Shortcut tool.
  3. Timmo

Timmo

newzealand
    ^^^^^
    What he said

The object placer does have issues/bugs though....still, very handy tool.
  4. Taalspin

Taalspin

us-washington
    Well, for those of us that aren't hard core programmers or well seasoned scenery makers, this has to be a really excellent and user friendly tool.

First, it was looking at their tutorials (from the free download: Abacus Scenery Shortcut) that I realized why I hadn't been able to get the object placer to work, the one that comes with the FSX SDK. I was reading that tools would show up on the menu if all procedures were done correctly. But I kept thinking the menus before one choses a particular flight, (usually, you see a menu and then order, right?) but of course after you start a flight the other menu is available and that's where it was all the time but I hadn't figured out the obvious yet. So thank-you Abacus.

Second, the SDK also has a selection of renders/pictures that match all the objects from the scenery dropdown menu that the object placer provides. With the Abacus scenery shortcut two clicks and the bgl file is made and placed in the folder of your choice. What could be more user friendly.

Taalspin
    ________
    BMW R65
    Last edited: 22/1/11