1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding autogen trees to gmax created ground scenery

Discussion in 'AutoGen Object Creator' started by mattperry78, 5/7/05.

1. mattperry78

mattperry78

us-florida
    Is there a way to use the Annnotator program to create autogen trees for my GMAX created ground scenery? I used the program and "created" vegetation areas with my images that are used in my GMAX mdl. I tried placing the .agn file in both the local addon scenery texture folder and world/texture folders. No luck getting either to show. I would use ObPlacer XML or another scenery design program, but I haven't found the possiblity in those to define a box that can be filled with objects (i.e. a forrest). Of course, I could do it one at a time, but then my scenery will never be finished!

Thanks
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Matt,

No, autogen is only available on my scenery. And custom autogen only works on CUSTOM photo sceneries. So there is no way to make a AGN file for your GMax ground polygons.
  3. mattperry78

mattperry78

us-florida
    Looks like I'll be doing alot of pointing and clicking then! :eek:

Thanks
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Matt,

I have been thinking of adding a "line of objects" feature in future version of ObPlacer XML. So maybe a "square of objects" is a good idea as well. But these features are not for the v0.80 I am working on now, more for a future version. So don't expect them soon :).

So for the moment a lot of clicking seems the only option indeed.