1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addis Ababa bole intl

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by doswedania, 26/7/07.

1. doswedania

doswedania

belgium
    Hi there!

I'm currently working on my first project for a long while right now, and i wanted to show you guys my progress. I still am sort of a newbe and got a lot of the info to get me started from this forum so i am very grateful towards all of you.

[​IMG]

This is still a preliminary image as a lot of work still needs to be done. I still need to do:

-the runways
    -a large part of the groundtextures
    -about 30% of the 3d objects

Hope to release it in a few months.
  2. fsisland

fsisland

iceland
    Looks great. Keep up the good work! :) A classic question: What programs are you using for the macros and ground textures?
    Last edited: 27/7/07
  3. doswedania

doswedania

belgium
    Gmax all the way, currently doing everything using the FS2002 and fs2004 SDK but intend to release my scenery for FSX (still need to figure a lot of things out).
  4. ras78

ras78

italy
    Well done!
  5. Mace

Mace

us-missouri
    Looks very nice! So your ground texturing are done simply with gmax objects (flat gmax objects) with the texture applied to the sunny side?
  6. doswedania

doswedania

belgium
    Thanks, and yup that's exactly what I did, i did use multiple layers though.
  7. Mace

Mace

us-missouri
    Do you have a cvx-style underlying polygon underneath it all?

If so, let's assume it's at elevation 1500 meters. If so, then would your gmax ground polys be layered at 1500.5 meters?
  8. sp762

sp762

australia
    That looks really nice. I'm flying in and out of there in FS Economy at the moment - let me know if you would like a beta tester.

Mike
  9. Waugh

Waugh

us-kentucky
    Nice job. Brings back horibble memories of when I got stuck there once and had a machingun pointing at me while I was asked, "Are you an American?"

Apparently I gave the correct answer. =)
  10. doswedania

doswedania

belgium
    After a long pause I restarted work on my project this week. I added the general aviation area, some small sheds, and refined the cargo terminal. I had been using the FS9 SDK before, but since installing acceleration i had been experiencing some problems with the transparency so i used the FSX SDK to compile my project. But things have clearly not improved:

[​IMG]

Most textures are not displaying, and transparrent textures are completely opaque. Could anybody help my on the way as to what the causes are?
  11. andreasft

andreasft

norway
    Hi Doswedania.
    Apparently we are working on the same scenery. Could you contact me and maybe we could team up?
  12. doswedania

doswedania

belgium
    Hello there!

I just restarted my project recently and I thought I’d show off some of my progress.

I finished:
    -the aviagates of the domestic terminal
    -dozens of shacks and hangers at the edge of the airport
    -the details on the ground textures
    -the cargo terminal
    -mesh scenery for the Addis area

grtz Nathan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: 23/9/08
  13. giant

giant

netherlands
    Hi Nathan,

As i am a frequent visitor of this airport, I am really looking forward for this scenery :)
    Looks great.

Regards Marko