• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 ADE 1.75 Beta v4 Compile Error

Country
us-newmexico
Nothing obvious from the log Jon?

I really don't understand why I can compile other projects (including the default PHNL) but not this file, why it will compile with the v3 SDK, and why on two different machines (must be something in common, but I have no idea what).

Looks like I'm stuffed...

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Sorry - no. I really have no idea since we can't replicate it :(

Country
unitedkingdom
Could you try making a back up then deleting a few objects at a time then compile, if you find a point when it works you could go back to your back up file and delete the things that got it working and try to narrow it down, in case there is a piece of faulty content on your machine but not on ours?

Gav

Country
us-newmexico
Could you try making a back up then deleting a few objects at a time then compile, if you find a point when it works you could go back to your back up file and delete the things that got it working and try to narrow it down, in case there is a piece of faulty content on your machine but not on ours?

Gav
Hi Gav,

I think the issue lies with something outside the project itself. I can compile it on my home theater PC. It's not exactly an elegant solution, but I installed the SDK on there and manually compiled the .xml output from ADE and it compiles on the machine perfectly). The only catch is that I don't get the CVX of GP files compiled (I assume these are separate xml files that ADE isn't outputting because the main xml fails to compile).

The main difference between my HTPC and the other two is that they are both running Visual Studio (2015 on one, 2017 on the other) and both are running Windows 10 Insider Preview, so I'm guessing something has been changed in msxml on those machines that has (partially) broken bglcomp.

So I guess my next step is to either do a full ADE install (and therefore have to install P3D v4 itself, which I don't really want to do) on the HTPC, or figure out if there is a way to just have ADE output the XML files so I can compile them all manually on the other machine.

Paul

Country
mongolia
Hi all,
I am busy converting an FSX airport to P3Dv4.
When I want to compile, I get an error.
See .txt file.

Grtz
Peter

Attachments

• problem.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 473

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Are you using the P3D v4 compiler?

Country
mongolia
Yes, Jon,
This airport is made in FSX with ADE 1.65.
I have used the AD4 file to open it in ADE 1.75.
Open, save airport is no problem .

Grtz
peter

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Sounds to me like ADE might not be pointing to your P3Dv4 BGLComp compiler properly. Check your paths.

Country
mongolia
Thanks Tom

I will check this once.
I have compiled another airport,
And I get the same result.
The error must therefore lie with me.

Grtz
Peter

Country
mongolia
Tom,
I have installed the SDK for Prepar3Dv4 (I used the SDK of FSX).
All settings are correct now.
I also modified my project path, which was linked to my external disk (G) .

But I still get a notification in Dutch.
I translate :
Can not find part of path ... ADE 1.75_Beta \ P34 \ Xml \ EBBL_ADEP4_ZZIP.xml.

This message still refers to my external drive (G) .
I gonna uninstall ADE 1.75 now and install it again .
I hope it works .

Grtz
Peter

Country
mongolia
===PROBLEM SOLVED===

After I've installed ADE 1.75 RC1 again, I've entered all settings correctly .
Everything works perfectly.
No more error messages.

Thanks all !
Peter

Country
us-newmexico
Just an update on my original problem. I bit the bullet and did a fresh Windows install to see if that helped. This is a completely clean installation, only Windows, P3D v4, P3D v4 SDK and ADE are installed. I get the exact same parse error on the PHNL project, other airports compile fine. At this stage, the only thing I can think of different with my HTPC is that my desktop is running Windows 10 Insider preview, so I have to conclude that this issue is due to something that has changed (presumably within MSXML) in the Fall Creator's Update.

I'll keep trying, but I don't know what to try next.

Country
mongolia
I do not know, but just a try, do you have the SDK for P3Dv4?
Do you have ADE 1.75 RC1 installed ?
I uninstall my ADE and install ADE 1.75 again .

BGLComp Folder in :
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.0.28.21686\World\Scenery

Shp2Vec Folder in :
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.0.28.21686\World\Terrain

I do not know anymore either Paul .

Succes
Peter

Country
us-newmexico
I do not know, but just a try, do you have the SDK for P3Dv4?
Do you have ADE 1.75 RC1 installed ?
I uninstall my ADE and install ADE 1.75 again .

BGLComp Folder in :
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.0.28.21686\World\Scenery

Shp2Vec Folder in :
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.0.28.21686\World\Terrain

I do not know anymore either Paul .

Succes
Peter
Yes, ADE 1.75 RC 1, latest Prepar3D v4, only the v4 SDK. In my case, the folder paths are the same, but on D: drive (as is ADE).

Paul

Country
mongolia
Sorry Paul, I do not know anymore .

But i have another question .
I have an FSX airport .
I will open it in ADEP4 .
When I compile the airport now, is it a real P3Dv4 airport from then on?

Grtz
Peter

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The bgl will be based on the compiler you use. If you compile using the P3D v4 compiler then it will have formats not understood by earlier versions of FS and P3D.

The ADE project file may also be slightly different and you could get errors compiling with an earlier compiler.

Country
mongolia
Thanks Jon, that is clear.

How you did that, I do not know, but every day it's a pleasure again
to work with such a nice program. :)
From me this program gets a big 10! :wizard:

Thanks again, Jon :wave: