• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE 2020 Alpha 21 HF5

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
If you try to Update Stock Indexes under the tools menu, ADE deletes the contents of the baseAirportList.dat, and you can't create an airport from stock... unless you restore the baseAirportList.dat The file is there, but it is 0 bytes.

Country
us-newyork
Something else seems broken on ADE HF21. It no longer saves background image files. They load and display fine with geographic coordinates, but then when the project is saved by ADE and reopened, the image is no longer included in the project.. It's not just a question of visibility, as the image is no longer in the image list either. I only use ADE now just to look quickly at MSFS stock airports for errors, so I'm only curious if someone can duplicate the issue.

EDIT: I fixed it with a reinstall of ADE.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If you set a project to two way editing then certain elements will be lost. As I recall background images are one of them

Country
us-newyork
If you set a project to two way editing then certain elements will be lost. As I recall background images are one of them
Hey, you're retired!;)

But thanks, I'll leave that unchecked, since I'm just checking taxiway letters and parking codes on the MSFS stock airports. But I do want to echo what someone else said. You might want to consider putting ADE's code on GitHub, so someone could create branches that continue to work.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I suggest you locate the Settings.ini file in ADE's F20 folder. Delete that file. Then open ADE and use the new user wizard.
Your paths are messed up. The ADE wizard should find the correct paths and then write a new Setting.ini
Then exit ADE and re-open it.

Country
sweden
Hey guys, I've downloaded v1.78 and then copied the contents from ade_2020_alpha_21-HF5 to ADE but when i double click the exe file nothing happens.
I have used ADE before, but that was many years ago.

Country
southafrica
Hey guys, I've downloaded v1.78 and then copied the contents from ade_2020_alpha_21-HF5 to ADE but when i double click the exe file nothing happens.
I have used ADE before, but that was many years ago.
Good day hope i understand correctly, but here is what you need to do.
first download and install Alpha 21 this is the base from this link https://www.mediafire.com/file/tzdvz57ksx4357n/ade_2020_alpha_21_installer.zip/file
Then download the hot fix 4 and copy to the ADE folder from the following link https://www.mediafire.com/file/i3re6lm87g48w09/ade_2020_alpha_21_HF4.zip/file
The download the hot fix 5 and copy to the ADE folder from the following link https://www.mediafire.com/file/ry2vhavg5gk021h/ade_2020_alpha_21-HF5.zip/file
V1.78 is for FSX.

Country
southafrica
Good day hope i understand correctly, but here is what you need to do.
first download and install Alpha 21 this is the base from this link https://www.mediafire.com/file/tzdvz57ksx4357n/ade_2020_alpha_21_installer.zip/file
Then download the hot fix 4 and copy to the ADE folder from the following link https://www.mediafire.com/file/i3re6lm87g48w09/ade_2020_alpha_21_HF4.zip/file
The download the hot fix 5 and copy to the ADE folder from the following link https://www.mediafire.com/file/ry2vhavg5gk021h/ade_2020_alpha_21-HF5.zip/file
V1.78 is for FSX.
Extract the Alpha 21 and run the setup. After setup your Base folder would b where ever you chose to install it normally C:ADE2020_Alpha_21
You would need to extract the zip folders (HF4 and HF5) and copy the content of the folders to the ADE base Folder in the order of HF4 first then HF5 if asked to replace just click yes.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As Burner says 1.78 is for pre MS2020 sim versions and P3D.

Country
us-texas
Please help, I cannot build projects with ADE any longer in MSFS!!

It just hangs and doesnt build, did the latest MSFS break anything?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Version of ADE 2020? ADE 2020 is no longer being developed. If there has been a recent update to the SDK then It may no longer work with ADE 2020.

Country
us-texas
Version of ADE 2020? ADE 2020 is no longer being developed. If there has been a recent update to the SDK then It may no longer work with ADE 2020.
Using 20.22.8157

There was a recent MSFS update but I was still able to build projects after that. I turned my PC off and left for the weekend and came back yesterday and tried to build a project and now nothing works. The PC launches steam and tries to launch MSFS and ADE just does nothing.

What in the heck is going on?!! This makes ZERO sense how all the sudden it can change like this.

The SDK is still the same, im not using any different SDK.