1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADE Airport Grass Texture

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by portygal, 5/8/09.

1. portygal

portygal

portugal
    Hi,

I would like to know if it it is possible to have the grass texture from FSX default airports at an airport made by ADE. ADE´s grass (at my airport) isn´t very real...

Thank you
  2. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Hi,

Sure, just create a grass terrain polygon.

Hope this helps,
  3. portygal

portygal

portugal
    Thank you tgibson for a quick reply,

but that´s not the issue. I have done that and everything is ok, grass appears but is a very green thing and not like the grass that i see at default airports.
  4. FlyEF

FlyEF

germany
    ADE don't have textures. The compiled bgls are using FSX textures.

Please look to this thread!

Regards

Horst
    Last edited: 5/8/09
  5. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    As mentioned above ADE does not control the texture as such. However it allows you to use the range of textures that are available in FSX. There are a range of such textures available in land class and airport backgrounds that you can try. If it does not look like a default airport then most likely you have selected a texture that is not the one used at the default airport.
  6. portygal

portygal

portugal
    Thank you very much, got it!
    I have made the parts that i wanted to be grass using aprons... that was my error.
    Now i got the grass i wanted lol. But there is a problem that i can´t get rid of.
    With a Land Class Poli (airport1) i have the grass but this Poli don´t erase some roads from Ultimate Terrain X, they cross my Airport...

Any help?

Thank you
  7. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    You will need to create an exclusion polygon for the area and set the tag to exclude roads. This may or may not work depending on the layering of the scenery with Ultimate Terrain (which has higher priority in scenery.cfg). Also excluding roads will probably exclude them from a larger area than your background or land class poly because of the way that FS handles things.
  8. jvile

jvile

Let me add a tip to Jon's post above.

If you select exclude roads all the roads regardless of type or width will disappear within a certain radius of your airport.

If the road you want to exclude crosses a runway then using the SDK TMFviewer open the proper CVX bgl and see what type road crosses the runway (2 lane asphalt, 4 lane concrete, etc.)

Using ADE select the proper exclude that will exclude the type road selected. Put a very small exclude rectangle (almost a line) across the road. This will exclude just the correct size road and not all roads in your airport radius.

If traffic is on that road that crosses the runway that is another type command used. Excluding a road does not remove animated vehicles that travel on that road.