1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADE and BGLComp.exe

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by cam024, 24/6/09.

1. cam024

cam024

us-washington
    So i am running FSX SP2 and SDK sp2 with ADE 1.09 and when i try to compile my airport it says it cannot find bglcomp.exe. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    I have to guess that either you did not tell ADE where the SDK is located or you have moved it from where the registry key indicates it is.

In the Settings Dialog go to the Folders Tab and click the Find button. This should find your FSX SDK. If the folder listed stays as the folder you installed ADE in then there is no registry entry for the SDK and you may have a problem installation.

If the folder it finds is not the one that contains your BglComp then you have a different sort of problem. You can manually assign the folder using the small button to the right of the folder name. However this will not explain why your registry is pointing to the wrong place.

I am sure you know that the SDK is not installed automatically with FSX. That is another problem that we find with some users. Obviously if the SDK is not installed ADE cannot find it
  3. seacat

seacat

bglcomp

another possibility is that you've to install sdk from FSX DVD1
  4. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    And then update to SDK SP1A from the MS site.
  5. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    Run the ADE Environment Checker. It will tell you if you have the correct combination of FSX and SDk installed.